The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Psycrow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906574
Psycrow Reputation: 10
Default Regarding corsair link and Trident Z RGB ram

"I know this is corsair forums but i posted this on G skill forums also.
because this needs to be fixed from either corsair or G skill."

Like my self and others that have problems with with the trident z RGN serie and the softwares Trident z RGB or asus aura that also controles the lights on the ram..basicly these 2 programs looks like the same and i think they are the same.

The ram works fine but when it comes to the RGB lights and the software, then all hell is loose.

Software crashed..ram lights dont respond..ect. (Error things like this)

I used the thaiphoon program and scanned my ram and it turned out they have crc error in a sector that that somehow controles the lights.

And each time i was scanning the ram i got different crc error
I tryed to disable all programs i dident need to run in start up.

And then i found out in my case it was the corsair link software that messed up the crc error..when i exit the corsair link program and scan my ram again they show report of CRC OK.

Even the RGB software from asus aura reponds on my commands and dosent freeze or crash. Until i start the corsair link program, then the ram starts to show crc error and the light effecfs freezes or dont respond to my choises..

Now i have 6 corair HD 120 mm RGB fans installed on a corsair commander mini hub, since installing 6 fan power pins on my motherboard was to messy.

Then i also have a corsair node pro that controles my 4 RGB strips from corsair.

But i dont understand how it affects the ram crc...all i can tell is that either G skill must recode ther ram or corsair must recode ther software.

Im using corsair link and commander mini + node pro and they are all updated.
Hardware works great, but as soon i open corsair link or reboots cuz that program starts up with windows,then ccr error apears on th eram when i scan em again.

So atm i disabled the corsair link program after i made my colour setup on the strips and fans. I will just open that program when i need to change stuff rather than have it run on start..i hope this will work great for others Trident Z RGB users

Old 06-02-2017, 10:48 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906609
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Hi. Link does access the SMB Bus so yes I think it could very well be causing problems with the G.Skill LED RAM. From other posts there it seems that ANY monitoring program that accesses the SMB Bus is liable to result in SPD data corruption in the G.Skill LED DIMMs. There are reports of CPUz and HWINFO also causing problems. Seems to me in this case, Link is not to blame as any program that accesses the SMB Buss seems to result in SPD problems in the G.Skill LED DIMMs. I wonder if running SIV may also cause this.

Perhaps Red Ray (author of SIV) will chime in here. I don't know if he is following the G.Skill LED RAM fiasco but I know he is aware of it. If anyone can comment intelligently about SMB Bus access and interlocking issues, it's Ray. In any case I wish you luck with your G.Skill LED RAM.

Last edited by Technobeard; 06-03-2017 at 03:33 AM. Reason: removed paragraph against the rules

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:33 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906619
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow I have already commented on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Perhaps Red Ray (author of SIV) will chime in here.
I would be more inclined to comment if Psycrow used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra as his PC Specs look to be out of date.

I have already commented on this in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=901246

Old 06-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Psycrow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906644
Psycrow Reputation: 10

I will update my specs Ray

And yes thats true what you say Speedy.

It just feels useless to ask any supporter that has ther products on RGB.
If they just blame third part software and claim ther software workd fine.

Someone need to do something about that lock writing to the ram..they cant expect people to ONLY have 1 kind of RGB hardware installed since we have a huge market on the RGB now.

Or else there should be one software to controle the whole RGB no matter what brand you installed.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Joneshw01's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907227
Joneshw01 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
"I know this is corsair forums but i posted this on G skill forums also.
because this needs to be fixed from either corsair or G skill."

Like my self and others that have problems with with the trident z RGN serie and the softwares Trident z RGB or asus aura that also controles the lights on the ram..basicly these 2 programs looks like the same and i think they are the same.

The ram works fine but when it comes to the RGB lights and the software, then all hell is loose.

Software crashed..ram lights dont respond..ect. (Error things like this)

I used the thaiphoon program and scanned my ram and it turned out they have crc error in a sector that that somehow controles the lights.

And each time i was scanning the ram i got different crc error
I tryed to disable all programs i dident need to run in start up.

And then i found out in my case it was the corsair link software that messed up the crc error..when i exit the corsair link program and scan my ram again they show report of CRC OK.

Even the RGB software from asus aura reponds on my commands and dosent freeze or crash. Until i start the corsair link program, then the ram starts to show crc error and the light effecfs freezes or dont respond to my choises..

Now i have 6 corair HD 120 mm RGB fans installed on a corsair commander mini hub, since installing 6 fan power pins on my motherboard was to messy.

Then i also have a corsair node pro that controles my 4 RGB strips from corsair.

But i dont understand how it affects the ram crc...all i can tell is that either G skill must recode ther ram or corsair must recode ther software.

Im using corsair link and commander mini + node pro and they are all updated.
Hardware works great, but as soon i open corsair link or reboots cuz that program starts up with windows,then ccr error apears on th eram when i scan em again.

So atm i disabled the corsair link program after i made my colour setup on the strips and fans. I will just open that program when i need to change stuff rather than have it run on start..i hope this will work great for others Trident Z RGB users
I have the G.Skill Ram and have had problems with G.Skill's software. Got tied of that game they are playing. I'm use corsair's Vengeance RGB Ram how and have not had any problems so far. Going to RMA the G.Skill and sell it.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Shadowk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907483
Shadowk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneshw01 View Post
I have the G.Skill Ram and have had problems with G.Skill's software. Got tied of that game they are playing. I'm use corsair's Vengeance RGB Ram how and have not had any problems so far. Going to RMA the G.Skill and sell it.
The problems I had with Corsair Link and the Trident Z software was too much for me to bare. I just walked in to Microcenter and exchanged my Trident Z RGB for Vengeance RGB as well. I price matched Newegg so I only had to pay $5 more. They work so much better than the Trident Zs' it's amazing. Also, they look nice if you remove the heat spreader... though I'm not sure its a good idea if you are really working them.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:29 PM
MystiqueMyth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945598
MystiqueMyth Reputation: 10
Default Any solution yet?

I'm facing the same problem. Is there a way to solve this without disabling corsair link?

Old 03-19-2018, 10:50 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945603
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Since G.Skilll LED RAM is known to be corrupted by programs that access the bus, and you are seeing strange CRC errors that aren't there when Link is running, unfortunately I think you are playing a dangerous game.

The paiid version of Thaiphoon Burner allows you to re-blow the DIMMS SPD Data. You should pull a virgin copy out of your DIMMs before something bad happens. Many people have been able to restore corrupted DIMMs this way. Details on the G.Skill forum.

Last edited by SpeedyV; 03-19-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:18 PM
MystiqueMyth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945749
MystiqueMyth Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Since G.Skilll LED RAM is known to be corrupted by programs that access the bus, and you are seeing strange CRC errors that aren't there when Link is running, unfortunately I think you are playing a dangerous game.

The paiid version of Thaiphoon Burner allows you to re-blow the DIMMS SPD Data. You should pull a virgin copy out of your DIMMs before something bad happens. Many people have been able to restore corrupted DIMMs this way. Details on the G.Skill forum.
That's too bad. I like having corsair link to monitor the PSU and the cooler. I use MSI Mystic Light as well which is supposed to access the bus too. Should i be worried about using that as well?