The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 05:09 AM
0031nek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 320003
0031nek Reputation: 10
Default HX620W & EVGA 8800GT KO : insufficient power?!!

UPDATED INFO, PLEASE READ!

This was posted over in the EVGA forums...

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=...55503;�

Quote:
Hi all,

Here is the official messaging from NVIDIA:

Thanks,
Jacob

“Several users have reported an issue on GeForce 8800 GT/GTS G92 which can cause the NVIDIA System Sentinel to display a false low power warning message, which causes the GPU to operate in low power mode, resulting in low performance or application crashes. This issue has been reported on various power supplies. NVIDIA has reproduced the issue and is working on a fix with a new version of our drivers. We will update the community promptly when a fix is available. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration gamers may be experiencing with this issue.”
Hi all,
I really need this help very very much!
Bought HX620W yesterday and thought I am 1 proud owner and I'm not!

mobo: GA-P35-DS3P
cpu : intel E2180
HDD : WD and Maxtor
Sound card: Bluegears b-enspirer
Cooler: ASUS Silent Knight
ram: Corsair C4DHX 6400 1gbx4

VGA: EVGA 8800GT KO edition 512mb 675mhz

Now, my previous PSU was Coolermaster extreme Power Duo 600w, then i changed to Corsair HX620W.

When my windows booted, an error displayed from the NVIDIA, telling me i got not enough power supply!

I mean i do not have any problem with the coolermaster PSU, but this AUD$189 psu give me the "insufficient power" problem!??!!

I brought it back to the shop and i do not know how they tested it, and they said "well, it's all no problem, we can't provide any refund or warranty if we tested it ok"
I asked about their system they said "we tested on a 8800GTS, no problem" i asked again "don't you have 8800GT?"
"Nope" they replied.
I then try to asked them what they can do for me and they said "Well, it's nothing we can do, since it's tested ok here"

I am very very very upset!

I edited this 1st post, added in the readings from speedfan. I think there's something wrong with the voltage at the +12v. Please help.

Please help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg popuperror.JPG (56.9 KB, 929 views)
File Type: jpg speedfan.JPG (48.0 KB, 877 views)

Last edited by Yellowbeard; 03-05-2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: UPDATED INFO FROM NVIDIA