Corsair Community

LL rgb fans freezing

Autocon

I have 5 ll rgb fans, all hooked up correctly and all. when I set them up to two lights, one is a static white color and the other is a blue arc. After a few minutes my fans that are plugged in 3 - 5 on the rgb fan hub freezes, the arc blue stops working while the other two on 1 and 2 on the fan hub is working fine.I thought it was the fan hub, when I get my 140mm ll fans, it came with a new fan hub and I used that. but the problem is still there. This only happen when I am gaming, when I turn off my game, a few minutes, it goes back to normal Edited by Autocon

I have 5 ll rgb fans, all hooked up correctly and all. when I set them up to two lights, one is a static white color and the other is a blue arc. After a few minutes my fans that are plugged in 3 - 5 on the rgb fan hub freezes, the arc blue stops working while the other two on 1 and 2 on the fan hub is working fine.I thought it was the fan hub, when I get my 140mm ll fans, it came with a new fan hub and I used that. but the problem is still there. This only happen when I am gaming, when I turn off my game, a few minutes, it goes back to normal

I have the same problem. My LL fans go all weird and either flash random colors or the animations just freeze. It only happens under a 3D gaming load.

I have the same problem. My LL fans go all weird and either flash random colors or the animations just freeze. It only happens under a 3D gaming load.

Hey so I was able to solve my problem, so in your device manager, go into Human Interface Devices and for all of the corsair products you have, you will need to uncheck the power save box on the power management tab, and thats what fixed my problem.

Hey so I was able to solve my problem, so in your device manager, go into Human Interface Devices and for all of the corsair products you have, you will need to uncheck the power save box on the power management tab, and thats what fixed my problem.

Nope. I just tried it and my fans still mess up. Any other ideas?

Nope. I just tried it and my fans still mess up. Any other ideas?

Well assuming you have tried switching around the fans to different ports, I am not sure, I had a fan that has your problem but I just assumed it was broken

Well assuming you have tried switching around the fans to different ports, I am not sure, I had a fan that has your problem but I just assumed it was broken

I figured out my issue last night.

This problem didn't start until I replaced my GTX 1080 with an RTX 2080 Super. It turns out the heat dumping out of my 2080 was overheating the chipset (which controls the USB ports). The PCH must report lower temps than actual, because fan LEDs start freaking out at only 70C. I adjusted the fan curve on my intake fans, chipset temps now peak at 65C, and the problem went away.

This is on an X370 Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard. This makes me wonder how the X570 boards are doing, since they require active cooling, and chipsets are universally behind the first PCIe slot.

I have had almost the same problem and I thought that it was my Lightning Node that become hot. I tried to remove the side panel from the chassi and all the problem dissapeared. I then adjusted my fan curves and the problem was resolved. I use an RTX 2080Ti