Corsair Community

Missing feature that Link SHOULD have

Pegasus177

So i recently purchased the

• Lighting node pro
  • 4 x HD 120 RBG fans
  • Commander pro

along with these i got to check out the Corsair Link program. I have got to say i am a little underwhelmed.... and purely by the absence of one feature.

A feature i would have expected to be a staple feature of the program.... and that is 'automatic per game profiles'.

Let me explain what i mean.

I have many RGB products already and one key feature that is universal among them is per game profiles. If i go into the software i want to be able to make a specific profile load automatically when i launch a specific application.

For example i have a profile in Link named ARMA 3. I custom made this profile to have a higher RPM on the fans around my CPU and H100 as the game is so CPU reliant, I have made a green lighting scheme in my case similar to the green commonly associated with ARMA and i finely tuned the individual parts settings for when i am playing this game.

What bothers me is i have to go into settings and manually select this profile before i start the game. Similarly i have another profile made for Rainbow SIx Siege. Again the fan RPM is higher on fans blowing across the GPU exhaust fans and it has a orange and blue lighting scheme. I have to manually open up Corsair Link again and select my profile then close Link before starting the game.

How hard would it have been to add the ability to make these profiles launch automatically when i opened the relevant game?

Apparently not very hard as Corsair CUE already has this ability for their RGB keyboard and mouse peripherals.

However Corsair Commander pro (QUOTE: The key to controlling all your cooling and lighting), and by association Corsair Link does not have this feature.

While im on the subject.. why is there two different programs, independent of each other for controlling RGB components?

Corsair could easily build a database of games or have a community driven database of games with auto loading profiles for each.

I have a RGB keyboard and mouse from another maufacturer that has this feature. When i start GTA V my Keyboard and mouse loads a default profile from its database. This profile has the signature green of the GTA V logo on the keys. When i am "wanted" in game the keys flash blue and red.

Corsair could easily have built a database that had similar features for its Corsair Link software.

Imagine if the Link program had reactive lighting???

• Imagine playing Rainbow Six Siege and the lighting turned orange or blue depending on the team you were in.

• Imagine playing Rocket League and the RGB lighting left out a fire work effect every time a goal was scored.

• Imagine playing a RPG like Dark Souls and every time died the lighting did a blood dripping red effect.

This... in my view has so much more potential and is so under-utilized.

Ironic that I am in Toms Hardware forum discussing the dramatic failure of current cooling systems to keep Intel's new Skylake X processors cool. When now I find that the very thing I rely on is lost in a software update and not for the first time. The bells the whistles and the flashing lights are great. But the closed loop cooling needs this software too. Come un Guys.

Wow that sounds like a nightmare. I have been fortunate enough that the hardware itself hasn't had any hiccups however it is early days. The program seems to be a half *****'d attempt at something that could have been great. From looking around the forums ( in conjunction with both of your posts) it would seem the same could be said for the firmware if there are this many bugs and fails being reported.

What are they thinking? Done properly they could really have raised the bar for other cooling controller programs like speed fan. Not to mention knocking the NZXT Hue out of the water for lighting enthusiasts.

I am looking for a way back to the previous version so I can continue until they sort out whatever they have done this time. This is what happens when software engineers try to do firmware engineers jobs.

So to top it all off i just realized it isn't registering my AIO either. I cant believe how bad Corsair software is.

I spent the last hour looking at alternative solutions and after some investigating i have discovered that all the features i mentioned above

• auto loading profiles
  • game state reactive lighting
  • ability to extend on lighting via more controller devices

Are all possible with the NZXT solution.. the NZXT HUE+and CAM software.

I tried contacting Corsair support to see if they could help me with the issues and had any intentions of bringing similar features as the HUE+ to their version, the Commander Pro and Corsair Link. When i clicked in to "contact support" it gives me a link that redirects me to a new web page just for Corsair support... which requires you to register to use... AGAIN!

I have now registered 3 time with Corsair.. as a Corsair customer... a Corsair forum user and now i have to register as a Corsair support user.

... and to top it off THE UI FOR SUPPORT REGISTRATION IS BROKEN!!

It keeps telling me that there are errors (which there is not ) but wont tell me what the errors are!!!

From my experience with Corsair over the last week it is becoming abundantly clear that both their software and after market support is abysmal.

I have contacted Amazon about returning the Corsair products and im currently re-packaging them for return.

Never again

This is a bad situation. When a closed loop system loses its self adjusting capability. It renders it not a closed loop system anymore. Just spent days on Toms Hardware ripping to shreds all the current coolers. After they all failed to keep the new Skylake X processor inside its 105C operating temperature. It was just throttling because of temps. Its a problem that is close to my heart because I run i7 3970X processors which at load I have limited to around 250w because coolers cant keep it under 91C if I let it rip. The new Skylake X is the first processor since the 3970X to use so much energy at 300w. So the lack of technologies that should be used raises the question where is the Hi Tech solutions. We are using a tractor cooling system on a 21st Century cutting edge processor. What do you expect? Its interesting an worth reading. Not that that helps us now.

But this is just typical. I would hang fire on sending them back just yet. Corsair are usually better than this. I know this creates a bad first impression but this is the first time in years of use its has been like this for me. Once everything is up and running it some how holds together. Anyway where are you going to go after the mass failure of coolers to do the job on Toms Hardware. A new hi tech cooler system has to be just around the corner. Those cooler manufacturing companies that cant keep up will simply disappear. I think Corsair will be involved!

There was a vid on here a few days back which showed a couple of new Corsair coolers, including a 360mm rad.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169004

Against my better judgement I updated to 4.8 as I was having problems with 4.7.0.77, now I'm having the same problems with 4.8.

After a cold boot, everything works ok, then some of the fans and/or the pump register 0, when they are clearly working, then the fans ramp up to higher speeds, despite the reference temps being inside the curve ( I can reset them, but it's a minor annoyance), then I can't adjust some of the fans when they ramp up, so I restart Link. When it restarts, it doesn't find my cooler, my commander mini nor any of the fans connected to them. It takes a cold boot to get it working again.

I think that I'm going to disable Link and learn to use RedRays SIV sotware.

Archived