Corsair Community

Icue 465x Hard disk vibration

Valentino87

Hi guys .. I recently bought an icue 465x flanked by an h110 platinum se .. however I have a rather annoying problem .. my toshiba 2tb hard disk housed in the hd basket makes the whole case vibrate with a very loud noise and annoying .. do you have any solution before sending the case back?

Hi guys .. I recently bought an icue 465x flanked by an h110 platinum se .. however I have a rather annoying problem .. my toshiba 2tb hard disk housed in the hd basket makes the whole case vibrate with a very loud noise and annoying .. do you have any solution before sending the case back?

Solved this on older cases with putting hdd's on the double sided thick tape, and also adding some noise dampening material where hdd rack is inserting the cage. That helped a lot. Other thing is - buy ssd, and make storage disk shut down unless you open it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem , did you find any solution ?

Hey Valentino87, is the whole case vibrating against something? Or perhaps something is loose? Your HDD should be in the tray and held securely, does it sound like the tray is moving?

Nothing is loose and when i disconnect the power of my 1 TB seagate barracuda power everything is fine but if i connect the power starts again:(:

Hey Valentino87, is the whole case vibrating against something? Or perhaps something is loose? Your HDD should be in the tray and held securely, does it sound like the tray is moving?

It doesn't make this annoying noise with my old case , its has a sama style hdd basket and i i used it for 5 yeas and never noticed a noise like this . :o: