The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2018, 04:11 PM

POST ID # = 947719
mikekoz Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Dark Core RGB Battery Life

Hello everybody! I just bought a Dark Core RGB, and am so far happy with it, but have a question. I am having problems finding out the expected battery life on a full charge. I realize that may be a difficult question, as many people use these things differently, but here is my question\problem! My mouse only seems to hold a charge about 3 days of moderate use, with no gaming. I have only used it sparingly as a standard mouse over the last three days, and it died. I have only been home in the evening, so it could not have been used more than 3-4 hours total. I am using it wireless on Bluetooth, lights are on and on default settings. I am also leaving the power switch on under the mouse as it seems to cut itself off after a few minutes anyway. I updated the software and firmware about a week ago, shortly after I bought it, so it should be all up to date. This mouse's battery dies quicker than any other I have ever owned. Has anybody else had the same experience?

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2018, 04:27 PM
FlyByTim's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947721
FlyByTim Reputation: 10

Corsair says you should still turn the switch off, because the standby mode isn't really off.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:34 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947722
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

I am afraid so. Somewhere in the literature there is a vague reference of "up to 24 hours". I thought that might be actual use time, but the reality was I needed to charge mine every single day and that was probably zero lights, long polling interval. With sleep mode on (15 min), 2.4GHz connection, and a basic solid lighting scheme, I would charge mine up overnight and it was done by 4PM, which includes all the time when I was out at lunch, at a client site, and the PC was asleep. This was the fatal flaw and the reason it went back. Just for good measure it kept my PC from going to sleep as well when connected via USB. If you have to flip the switch on the mouse every time you get up and leave the room to make it through a day, you probably have the wrong tool.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:11 AM

POST ID # = 948011

I just put the mouse in low power mode, but the setting does not stick after a reboot. Set the mouse sleep time to 5 minutes and will see what happens. I have the latest version of Corsair's software and reapplied the latest firmware to the mouse. Right now, instead of bluetooth mode, it is set to 2.4ghz and using no lights. Unfortunately, I cannot return mine at this point, so if this thing has some sort of hardware problem, I am going to have to contact Corsair. I wish they had designed the mouse to use NIMH AA's. At least then if the problem is with the battery, they are easily replaceable.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948243
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

I use mine in BT mode, default settings, lights on. I use and game with it all day, and then when I retire for the evening, I wire it up. It's fully charged come morning.

@OP: I think in your scenario, you should have gotten the SE edition and use a Qi charger. This way, when you walk away, you slide the mouse over to the Qi spot.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:56 PM

POST ID # = 948498

Yes, the battery life on this mouse sucks! With the mouse on low power mode, turning off after 5 minutes, no lights, and no gaming, the battery lasted from Saturday eve, to now. Yesterday and today, it was just used in the evening when I got home from work. The mouse has also went down another notch as I keep hitting my thumb against the side button, changing the profile when I do not want to. I am going to have to look into disabling the button, and will have to charge this thing every eve after I use it. Had such high hopes for this thing, and in a few days, it has turned into a big disappointment!