Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618609
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manannin View Post
Oh it's ok I didn't take anything personally, and I wasn't having a go at you either, just a discussion :) I disagree, but thats why it is a discussion!

I disagree that there is no problems in the software, my problem for example is that sometimes it all works, all the fans are controllable, the temp sensors sense the temperature and the world (inside my PC case at least) is a happy place. But unfortunately sometimes when I turn my PC on, Link does not work. The program starts up but all fans and temps report as zero. Some of the fans spin, but do not register on the dashboard as doing so. Nothing has changed in the configuration of my PC, no hardware or software was added or removed and the only way to fix it is to restart a few times until it decides to work. That seems like a software issue to me, and that is just one problem I have personally, and that is quite a big bug.

If aftermarket fans are not supposed to be used, then the cooling node (which comes with no fans) should have some documentation which specifies which fans it can use (e.g replacement H series fans, not air series and no other brands etc).
But you know Corsair would never do that as it just wouldn't sell. The demographic who would want a Link, would not be happy with a case full of plain black fans and not being able to get the best fans they can find. Some want quieter, some want bigger, some want flashy LEDs etc.

Yes all programs have bugs and all programs get updated. If Windows only started 1 out of 3 times you can be pretty sure an update would be done very quickly to resolve it. While I sympathise with Corsair that there are a billion different hardware/software combinations to deal with, that is the nature of the PC business. They are not stupid, they knew what they were getting into with Link but for a product which has been incredibly slow to get somewhere near stable and usable, they need to pick their game up.
Currently the 'fix' for anything is to reinstall it or swap USB headers, which is just a band aid measure for a short term fix. Take my issue for example, if I reinstall, it works. Just long enough for me to recreate my profile, but then if my PC gets shut down or restarts for any reason, it's a gamble if Link will come back on properly.

Like I said before, I REALLY want to love Link and I have plenty of other Corsair products in my PC (H100, H80, ram, PSU, case etc) and they are all great and do exactly what they should, and do it very well. Link is unfortunately not up to the standards Corsair have set for themselves.
For goodness sake you can't say it any better than the way you have explained sir. I vouch for you to speak for me as you have pin point accuracy on how I feel but at times I let my frustrations take over me and can't explain it as well as you did. You're my new SPOKESPERSON if I may. lol You have hit the head on the coffin.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618610
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
are there some kind of fringe benefits being one?
Basically if you're a beta tester you get the hardware for free and report back to them on everything. Basically what we have been doing for almost a year now but paid.

P.S. - I don't want to offend anyone with what I've said and I'am not anti-corsair by any means. I just BOUGHT during black friday week their K90 Keyboard, M60 Mouse, Vengeance 12gig Ram and AX1200i and I use their 800D, Vengeance 1500 Headphones, XMS1333, TX950 PSU.......I think you guys get my point.

Last edited by GTXJackBauer; 12-09-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618613
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXJackBauer View Post
Basically if you're a beta tester you get the hardware for free and report back to them on everything. Basically what we have been doing for almost a year now.

P.S. - I don't want to offend anyone with what I've said and I'am not anti-corsair by any means. I just BOUGHT during black friday week their K90 Keyboard, M60 Mouse, Vengeance 12gig Ram and AX1200i and I use their 800D, Vengeance 1500 Headphones, XMS1333, TX950 PSU.......I think you guys get my point.
hmm,if im one then i guess i spent almost 6k in taxes for the free hardware on these 2 machines
in reality were all testers on every product we buy,,my son has 3 large boxes of parts ive given him because they werent up to snuff for me

Old 12-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618630
Manannin Reputation: 10

Quote:
and i appreciate that coming from you ,most would get mad because my opinion is different and tgen the lashing starts
Not a problem, I am a fully grown geek who is disappointed in a purchase with an opinion, thats all, not a teenage geek who is angry at the world and eager to prove who has the biggest, er, hard drive. Despite what 95% of the internet seems to think, ranting and arguing doesn't do anyone any good. I am disappointed but I do not believe Corsair owes me the world/a class action suit/my PC's weight in gold bullion but I would like a stable product that does what it says on the tin. But the bullion will be gladly accepted if offered.
(RAMGUY, if this is an option, my PC weighs about 427.3kg. Honest)

I hope we all get what we want

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXJackBauer View Post
For goodness sake you can't say it any better than the way you have explained sir. I vouch for you to speak for me as you have pin point accuracy on how I feel but at times I let my frustrations take over me and can't explain it as well as you did. You're my new SPOKESPERSON if I may. lol You have hit the head on the coffin.
Haha, well for the next 2 weeks if you want to send me your posts for proof-reading I will see what I can do! After that however I will be out at sea for 4 months, so you may be better making notes for two weeks, practicing and then going it alone

Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618632
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:

dang-a-lang,,thats 900+ lbs,me thinks corsair would need to make payments

Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618636
MykaAurora Reputation: 10

Quote:
Not a problem, I am a fully grown geek who is disappointed in a purchase with an opinion, thats all, not a teenage geek who is angry at the world and eager to prove who has the biggest, er, hard drive. Despite what 95% of the internet seems to think, ranting and arguing doesn't do anyone any good. I am disappointed but I do not believe Corsair owes me the world/a class action suit/my PC's weight in gold bullion but I would like a stable product that does what it says on the tin. But the bullion will be gladly accepted if offered.
427.3 kg??? And you're using corsair 600t, what the hell you've put inside the case? Lead? LOL.

* I still stands with my point, Corsair RND, do something with the software..

My Previous Rig

Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618642

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykaAurora View Post
427.3 kg??? And you're using corsair 600t, what the hell you've put inside the case? Lead? LOL.

i think its safe to assume its ''theft proof''

Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618645

Quote:
i think its safe to assume its ''theft proof''
Still no, the thief should just locate the "Lead" and remove the "Lead" as it would not be pricey in the market. LOL.

TS, sorry for out of context.

My Previous Rig

Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 AM

POST ID # = 618666
cyntax42 Reputation: 10

Corsair, fix your software. Against my better judgement, I bought a H80i to replace my defective H80... the pump had that charming grinding noise. The drivers for this device fail to load and I've tried every asinine suggested solution to fix it. (swapping usb headers while machine is on etc.) Without the drivers I cannot take full advantage of the H80i.

I noticed your product catalog has grown greatly in recent years. I'm anticipating the official Corsair coasters release next spring. My CO had a saying, "Stick to what you're good at." You're releasing many diverse products. Unfortunately, the quality of your products has suffered. Looking over these forums anyone can see that. Heck, there's even a mixup with the mounting screws in your printed manual...

The amount of hoops I have to jump through now to get your product working as promised is ridiculous. I'm not going to RMA the unit to you. I've already wasted enough of my time and money with you. You've fooled me twice now, so shame on me. I'm sure your competitors can offer a better experience. Do right by your customers, get your heads out of the sands of denial, and fix your product. hooah

Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618804
Manannin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykaAurora View Post
Still no, the thief should just locate the "Lead" and remove the "Lead" as it would not be pricey in the market. LOL.

TS, sorry for out of context.
Sorry for being (and apparently causing!) the off topicness recently. Just to clarify, my PC doesn't really weigh that much, I was just hoping that Corsair would give me it's weight in gold. But please don't tell RAMGUY that I was lying, just in case they come through with the bullion...

Old 12-11-2012, 03:32 AM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618875

I wonder, do AX1200i need corsair link to control the fan profile?

Because mine running without corsair link, seems to be running quite hot, well at "human touch rate" hot .. The temperature reading from Corsair Link " before uninstalled " was 42c. Is that a normal running temperature or high?

The fan seems to not blowing air at all. Even at light load eg MMO games.

My Previous Rig

Last edited by MykaAurora; 12-11-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 AM

POST ID # = 618888
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Run Prime95 and Furmark together and see if you can get the fan to spin. it should start spinning once the PSU reaches 30%+ load according to the product page.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 AM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618905

Alright, will do.

My Previous Rig

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618907

Aw man, I do really need this software to control my ax1200i fan..

My Previous Rig

Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 619328
robandcathy Reputation: 10

So my turn I agree that it may be hardware related or software, but like most software they work regardless of anything with generic drivers. Most operating systems as well as motherboards work on a standard. Were not talking about people who can not detect hdd temp but people whos whole OS has gone down, if the issues were minor like my specific fan will not work then I would understand but when people complain that their whole computer just shut off, is of concern (mainly people with intel chipsets) and Intel is the leader in chipsets so you would think code would be written under Intel or AMD standards. I have praised the tech support of corsair in many threads it is world class. The software development on the other hand needs help. If the issue of different devices in each computer is a issue THEN CORSAIR SHOULD HAVE A MINIUM SYSTEM REQUIRMENT or a capability list. Seems kinda of simple. The software is not universal so let people know before they buy or fix the program to just plain and simple WORK. Most programs that are not universal have a option as to wat OS you are using. Adobe does not ask what graphics or sound card Im using but yet it works. VLC player as well does not ask anything more that the OS 32 or 64 bit again just install and it works, and I just click on update and waaa laaa its updated without having to do 3 hours or research on how or the best way.