Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2018, 02:12 PM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981084
AKW Reputation: 10
Default Automatic Profile Switching

Hey!

I just bought a K95 Platinium today and i was setting everything up in iCUE but i couldn't really get the automatic profile switching to work.. Anyone that can teach me how to?

AKW
Old 11-18-2018, 02:24 PM
PJH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981086
PJH Reputation: 20

Hey, hey!

On the top left of the K95 is a button that looks like a person. Click that and it will change to the next profile in your profile list.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:31 PM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981087

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
Hey, hey!

On the top left of the K95 is a button that looks like a person. Click that and it will change to the next profile in your profile list.
Thanks but isn't it possible to make it automatically switch to another profile when i open a program?
Old 11-18-2018, 05:38 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981120
hastegag Reputation: 20

yeah you just need to have icue running (I think) and it may need to be a software profile (I am not sure) but the software profiles you can bind to a program a single exe under the edit profile menu.

to get there, I think and I am not 100 on this, but it has to be a software profile, which means NOT the SD card looking profiles which indicate hardware, then you click the name of the profile and then down towards the bottom right 2/3rds or more there is a menu and the first row says link to program. Works pretty darn good.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:01 AM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastegag View Post
yeah you just need to have icue running (I think) and it may need to be a software profile (I am not sure) but the software profiles you can bind to a program a single exe under the edit profile menu.

to get there, I think and I am not 100 on this, but it has to be a software profile, which means NOT the SD card looking profiles which indicate hardware, then you click the name of the profile and then down towards the bottom right 2/3rds or more there is a menu and the first row says link to program. Works pretty darn good.
It dosen't work for me :/
Old 11-19-2018, 11:06 AM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981192

www.smithany.com/examplesetup.png
Old 11-19-2018, 03:44 PM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981223

Quote:
Don't know what i am doing wrong.. I have linked the program to the profile..
Old 11-19-2018, 06:11 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981260

out of curiosity, what is the path to the program? maybe there's some type of permissions issue. Are you definitely linked directly to the final EXE? Sometimes games run other exe's (as you may know). Tracing that can actually take some effort in certain circumstances. Task manager details view should give you the name of the exe's filename
Old 11-27-2018, 10:54 AM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982336

Quote:
out of curiosity, what is the path to the program? maybe there's some type of permissions issue. Are you definitely linked directly to the final EXE? Sometimes games run other exe's (as you may know). Tracing that can actually take some effort in certain circumstances. Task manager details view should give you the name of the exe's filename
Sorry for the late answer!

I normally access it through a shortcut

Shortcut path: (C:)\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Photoshop.exe
But it changes to:
D:\Photoshop\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe
Old 11-27-2018, 10:59 AM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982338

Mine is located at
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe

which is what is in my link profile to program option

But can you navigate to the directory and see what you see there? Is the exe actually present? If so, there's no reason why it shouldn't be running alongside it.

I am sure we can figure it out. Is there a cue folder at the left you can temporarily pop it out of? Is this a software profile and not a hardware profile?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:51 AM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982548

Quote:
Mine is located at
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe

which is what is in my link profile to program option

But can you navigate to the directory and see what you see there? Is the exe actually present? If so, there's no reason why it shouldn't be running alongside it.

I am sure we can figure it out. Is there a cue folder at the left you can temporarily pop it out of? Is this a software profile and not a hardware profile?
The exe is present and is called D:\Photoshop\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe
but there is also the shortcut i use, so therefore i picked the exe shortcut location, however when i right click and presses properties to see the shortcut location it's still D:\Photoshop\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe navigation..
Old 11-28-2018, 05:29 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982613

so if you make a new software profile in icue and link it to that exe, not in a cue folder, does it switch automatically when Photoshop is the active application? also drag that new profile towards the top of the list?

if that fails, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be working for you or i should say i have never had that happen on more than a few versions, operating systems and at lease 4 different PCs. Can you try it with notepad or some other application also?
Old 11-29-2018, 03:57 PM
AKW
AKW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982781

Quote:
so if you make a new software profile in icue and link it to that exe, not in a cue folder, does it switch automatically when Photoshop is the active application? also drag that new profile towards the top of the list?

if that fails, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be working for you or i should say i have never had that happen on more than a few versions, operating systems and at lease 4 different PCs. Can you try it with notepad or some other application also?
Alright so i tried linking my profile with a game and it works perfectly.. Their must be a problem with the exe file and i don't know what..