Corsair Community

Memory Troubles

socialwaif

A few weeks back I tried to enable the XMP profile on my RAM. It did not turn out well. I had run into some memory trouble and instability - BSOD type crashes. I had to disable it again.

The problem I could use help on started afterwards. The PC was having trouble starting. The first boot of the day would see things power up and then turn off a few seconds later. It would not even get as far as POSTing. It repeats about 5 to 10 times. Eventually it works. Sometimes I need to intervene by hitting the Reset button.

I'm not sure what is wrong or is causing the problem. My thoughts are either the RAM or the motherboard.

The tech support person I spoke to at my PC vendor thought it might be "the system is cycling through memory settings, until it finds a setting that it likes and can stick with…It’s possible the memory is defective," and I should contact Corsair.

Corsair looks to be wanting to do a warranty replacement of the RAM.

I was hoping to do some troubleshooting first. The tech support person at my PC vendor says it may not be the RAM after all. I'd like to see what else it might be.

My Specs:

Intel i7-5820K

Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 motherboard

32 GB of CORSAIR Vengeance LED 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Memory - Model CMU32GX4M4C3000C15B

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING

Corsair 100i v2 AiO CPU cooler

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2

Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED mouse

It is worth mentioning that I am using an older version of iCUE. Due to problems with both the v3.19.120 as well as v.3.18.77. Had to roll back to v.3.17.97

I originally had both my CPU as well as my GPU overclocked. Went back to stock settings on both trying to fix this mess.

Looking for advice and suggestions.