Corsair Community

Ironclaw can not make macros for its onboard memory

madcat06

I just bought a Ironclaw mouse but it is a total disappoinment. :mad:

you can make all kind of macros for a profile but if you want to load same macros to its onboard memory it is impossible. because icue is just recording KEYBORD BUTTONS for onboard memory macros. this is unbelievable and hard to understand. WHY??????? this makes Ironclaw identical with a cheap mouse. :mad::mad::mad: I'm so angry. this product is a waste of money!

How do you think the mouse is supposed to launch a program or perform system related actions if you eliminate the software that allows the mouse to do these things? If it's not a native mouse or keyboard action, then you need software to tell the other programs what to do.

How do you think the mouse is supposed to launch a program or perform system related actions if you eliminate the software that allows the mouse to do these things? If it's not a native mouse or keyboard action, then you need software to tell the other programs what to do.

let me explain how I think that: There are mouses in the market that are able to do that. For example A4Tech. I have used A4Tech X7 and It was able to use its on-board memory profiles on PlayStation. These profiles were exactly as I designed. I don't want get another because they are cheap-low quality products and their software is bad and hard to use.

Secondly I am a little bit suprised to your view. If a mouse is dependent to a software that is effective on a pc, its on board memory becomes meaningless just like Ironclaw.

I really wonder what do you expect from an on-board memory if you always use the mouse on pc. should it carry profiles to a nother pc? Is it a flash memory?

You programmed a launch command to your mouse from your PC and it works on PS4? Had it run a series of .bat files? Of course not. You programmed some mouse or keyboard input that universally understood by the PS4 operating system. You have yet to explain what actions you were trying to save to the Iron Claw or your intent and I don’t see the point in continuing to try and guess.

You programmed a launch command to your mouse from your PC and it works on PS4? Had it run a series of .bat files? Of course not. You programmed some mouse or keyboard input that universally understood by the PS4 operating system. You have yet to explain what actions you were trying to save to the Iron Claw or your intent and I don’t see the point in continuing to try and guess.

I used A4Tech's macro software in my pc to assign a macro and load it to my mouse's on-board memory with the same software.

Your question that I had to explain what mouse action I wanted to assign is irrelevant because icue doesn't assign any mouse action to onboard memory.

I just wanted to assing serial left clicks to a button but there is no such an option in icue. the software can just assign keyboard buttons to onboard memory

By the way there is another bad news for console players who might consider to buy Ironclaw: beside its inability to load macros to its "so-called on-board memory" Ironclaw can not be used with XIM4. It simply doesn't work. all mouses I have tried work with XIM4 but Ironclaw does NOT.