Corsair Community

problem with corsair h150i pro xt fans

YoungVegabond

The fan controller on the H150i is adjusting fan speed based on coolant temperature (H150i XT Temp). For the speed to be that high, your coolant temp must be pretty close to 40C. If you are in a warm climate with a warm room (or at least a very warm case), that isn't abnormal. If that's not true, then we need to find out why.

Regardless most people will want to make their own custom curves since coolant temperature will be heavily influenced by environmental temperature and everyone is different, through the course of a day or certainly seasonally. Click the Performance Tab + and a graph will appear below. You can use the three shape tools in the upper right corner to create a duplicate of the Quiet/Balanced/Extreme profiles, then adjust specific points to make it more suitable for your environment.

The fan controller on the H150i is adjusting fan speed based on coolant temperature (H150i XT Temp). For the speed to be that high, your coolant temp must be pretty close to 40C. If you are in a warm climate with a warm room (or at least a very warm case), that isn't abnormal. If that's not true, then we need to find out why.

Regardless most people will want to make their own custom curves since coolant temperature will be heavily influenced by environmental temperature and everyone is different, through the course of a day or certainly seasonally. Click the Performance Tab + and a graph will appear below. You can use the three shape tools in the upper right corner to create a duplicate of the Quiet/Balanced/Extreme profiles, then adjust specific points to make it more suitable for your environment.

thanks for the replay! the problem is that i dont really know anything about these subjects and i tried to put the fans and pump on quite but they are still pretty loud. i'll be really glad if you could tell how to make custom curve

In CUE, go to the H150i tab and look at the number to the the right of the pump picture. It should have a temperature between 25-45C. That is the coolant temperature also referred to as H150i XT Temp in parts of CUE.

In order to make a normal dynamic curve, you have to figure out your normal range of coolant temperature. (Idles at 25C, goes to 35C when gaming, etc.). For now, you can use the Fixed RPM or Fixed % setting in the custom curve. When on the desktop, set them 750-850. That's all you need. For gaming, 1300 rpm is plenty for a 360mm radiator even with a 10900K at 5.2 x10 cores. Water cooling fans don't need to react to changes in CPU temp. The coolant stream is a holding mechanism for what's conducted from the CPU. The fans and radiator dump the extra heat, this pass or the next.

In CUE, go to the H150i tab and look at the number to the the right of the pump picture. It should have a temperature between 25-45C. That is the coolant temperature also referred to as H150i XT Temp in parts of CUE.

In order to make a normal dynamic curve, you have to figure out your normal range of coolant temperature. (Idles at 25C, goes to 35C when gaming, etc.). For now, you can use the Fixed RPM or Fixed % setting in the custom curve. When on the desktop, set them 750-850. That's all you need. For gaming, 1300 rpm is plenty for a 360mm radiator even with a 10900K at 5.2 x10 cores. Water cooling fans don't need to react to changes in CPU temp. The coolant stream is a holding mechanism for what's conducted from the CPU. The fans and radiator dump the extra heat, this pass or the next.

thank you!