Corsair Community

ICUE SP140 RGB PRO fans remain on while system is off

ZombieFire

I just finished building my new pc, and I am using 6 x SP Pro RGB Fans, HX1000, Gigabyte Aorus Master z390..

I’ve tried googling similar reports but people say it’s faulty mobo/psu but everything is working fine with the exception from the following.

When I turned the PSU rocker on, I noticed the fans were spinning and lit up, doing the rainbow wave, but nothing else was on. Turning the rocker off turns off the fans completely. When the pc is in sleep or shut down, the fans remain on,

Spinning and doing the rainbow wave.

I downloaded the icue software and set the fans to a particular color, and they responded, until the system is shut down or asleep; then it goes back to spinning rainbow wave.

All 6 fans are connected to Node, and the other 3 pin is connected to phantek's internal fan power delivery which is connected to sata power.

I would hate to rma any component because of this single issue, as I am eager to use my new pc.

BIOS was updated before I used the icue software.

Thanks for any help! Sorry for any typos, on mobile.

Edit: there are two SATA power wires from the case, I had just powered both in addition to the node hub. The first data has 4 wires going to... somewhere :D

The second only has two. I tested combinations, while the system was OFF. The SATA node and the sata with 2 wires stop the fans from running when the computer is off. In terms of rgb and spinning. However they still do rainbow wave until the icue software is started and immediately went putting the system to sleep and off. (Unimportant since they won’t be on for long, but still interesting.)

**new problem: when in sleep mode, the ram stays lit but when shutting down the ram turns off.

Should I connect the 6 sp fans to the motherboard instead, and any advice to stop ram from glowing when in sleep mode?

Edited by ZombieFire

The settings for the RGB are not persistent so they do not load until in the operating system and icue loads. Rainbow wave is the default so it will do that until icue loads.

As for the ram staying on, go into the bios and look for a setting labeled something like LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States and set that to off and see if that fixes the problem. I am not at my desktop right now so i can't check to see what location it is in the bios, but you will need to be in advanced mode to see it.

You can set Hardware Lighting for when iCUE isn't running.

And an RMA isn't going to help you here. Your node hub (not exactly sure what that is ... maybe the Lighting Node Core??) is getting power. So it's going to do its thing if it gets power.

I have no clue what you mean by "SATA node" though.

Now, more concerning is your description of the power cables. There isn't a Corsair peripheral cable with only two wires. You should be using SATA power direct from the PSU using only the cables that came with the PSU. Do not use adapters. Do not use splitters.

For the RAM in sleep mode, go to the settings. Uncheck "Enable Full Software Control". This will show you your hardware settings. Set them to a single color - black. This will turn them off when iCUE isn't running.

Finally, please take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. I'm not trying to besh here but it's super-helpful if you use the correct product names for the devices that you have. Otherwise, we're in a guess mode trying to figure out what you have and what may be going on. The FAQ has pictures of every device and the correct name. You can also show a snaphsot of your iCUE configuration; that will often tell us that as well. But you'll still need to review the FAQ because any suggestions are likely to use the actual product names and if you don't know what we're talking about, it's not going to help.

The settings for the RGB are not persistent so they do not load until in the operating system and icue loads. Rainbow wave is the default so it will do that until icue loads.

As for the ram staying on, go into the bios and look for a setting labeled something like LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States and set that to off and see if that fixes the problem. I am not at my desktop right now so i can't check to see what location it is in the bios, but you will need to be in advanced mode to see it.

I'll take a look when I get home today!

You can set Hardware Lighting for when iCUE isn't running.

And an RMA isn't going to help you here. Your node hub (not exactly sure what that is ... maybe the Lighting Node Core??) is getting power. So it's going to do its thing if it gets power.

I have no clue what you mean by "SATA node" though.

Now, more concerning is your description of the power cables. There isn't a Corsair peripheral cable with only two wires. You should be using SATA power direct from the PSU using only the cables that came with the PSU. Do not use adapters. Do not use splitters.

For the RAM in sleep mode, go to the settings. Uncheck "Enable Full Software Control". This will show you your hardware settings. Set them to a single color - black. This will turn them off when iCUE isn't running.

Finally, please take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. I'm not trying to besh here but it's super-helpful if you use the correct product names for the devices that you have. Otherwise, we're in a guess mode trying to figure out what you have and what may be going on. The FAQ has pictures of every device and the correct name. You can also show a snaphsot of your iCUE configuration; that will often tell us that as well. But you'll still need to review the FAQ because any suggestions are likely to use the actual product names and if you don't know what we're talking about, it's not going to help.

Sorry I was doing it on my phone so I shorten things, yes I meant lightning node core. "SATA node" was referring to the sata power wire for the node.

The two sata power wires(males) are from the phanteks case, one sata power wire had 2 visible wires going to, I believe the fan hub. And another sata power wire has 4 visible wires, but I'm not sure where they are going. This was just to give a description, the node is connected to a sata power and to the mother board.

I will update my components. Also you said go into settings, do you mean windows settings?

I will update my components. Also you said go into settings, do you mean windows settings?

Nope, I meant iCUE settings.

So ... the PSU is supplying power when the system is shut down/before you hit the power button? That really shouldn't be happening.

Nope, I meant iCUE settings.

So ... the PSU is supplying power when the system is shut down/before you hit the power button? That really shouldn't be happening.

Yes, when I initially turned the PSU rocker on(system did not start), the fans lit up and were spinning. This did happen when in sleep/shutdown. The fans were spinning and lighting up until I disconnected SATA power from both of the SATA male cables from the case. Which I believe both must have powered the internal fan hub (which is what the non-RGB pins were connected to). 5 fans are connected to the MB directly, the other one is connected to the case's internal fan hub by itself (exhaust) since the MB waterblock covers the fan header.

EDIT: I'll make the fans all black when I get home.

EDIT2: This only fixed the symptom and not the problem, if there is one. There doesn't seem to be anything else acting funny besides the ram.

Currently, the case fan hub is connected to the SATA power that has 2 wires and the fan does not light up or spin without the others.

Edit 3:pic.jpg

I do not see "Enable Full Software Control"

Edit 4: As for the ram staying on, I installed RGBFusion for my gigabyte motherboard and apparently it does not play nice with trident series. By that I mean it turns off the ram completely and not even gskill’s software takes control from rgbfusion. So essentially my ram stays off even during sleep.

Edited by ZombieFire

Too many edits and it’s starting to look like a wall of text. So this is where I’m at.

I only have 12V(the two wires) sata power connected to the phanteks fan hub. 5 of the fans are connected to the motherboard and 1 is connected to the case hub. All fans work in terms of lighting and turn off completely(rgb and spinning) in sleep and shut down.

I downloaded RGBFusion that allows me to set the color of pump, motherboard waterblock, and case lights. This software takes control over the ram and shuts them off, even when I downloaded G.Skilll’s ram software. See picture below. This seems to be a known issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/dh9zfe/issues_with_trident_z_neo_and_rgb_fusion_2/

It also takes control over the keyboard rgb, but strangely, G.Skilll’s keyboard software takes control.

So, the ram no longer stays on on sleep/shutdown. The “LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States” was off by default in BIOS

pic.jpg

Edited by ZombieFire

I am experiencing the same issue, I created a user profile in iCUE and have been using instant lighting as my preferred setting however, after I power down the PC (not master rocker witch in back) the RGB lighting turns back with the rainbow lighting for both my corsair LED strips (4) and corsair RGB fans (4) and keyboard. How do I control the psu power supply to ensure my RIG is dark when powered down? I want to avoid future death threats from my wife before bedtime this evening!? :eek:

I have the Asus ROG STRIX H370-F Gaming Motherboard, I use the corsair lighting node (connected directly to corsair HX850i PSU via provided psu SATA cable) and the corsair commander pro (connected directly to corsair HX850i PSU via provided psu SATA cable), I have verifiable communication with all connected corsair devices via iCUE (glaive mouse, K95 PLatinum keybopard, MM800 RGB polaris mousepad, ST100 RGB headphone stand, H150i Pro 360mm liguid cooler, Vengence RGB Pro Ram 1 x4, HX850i PSU and commander pro / lighting node)