Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless slow profiles ?

alenknight

i have the wireless Corsair Ironclaw RGB. i have the wireless dongle connected to a usb switch i quickly switch between my work laptop and home desktop... i do this a few times a day... and yes sometimes (though rare) like 50-60 times per hour....

my work machine cannot have proprietary software... so i have to use the hardware profiles.

i've noticed the hardware profile takes FOREVER to load up. they work... but they need like 2-3 min until they get going.. and the DPI switches don't work in the meantime (this is an issue as i use various VM's that have different resolutions, hence different DPI.... )

not having access to all the hardware profile DPI's is a problem.....

i don't understand why the mouse needs 2-3 min to load up a hardware profile....

any ideas on how to speed up the profile switching ? i have two of these mice on different machines... all seem the same slow upload of hardware profiles.

Something is wrong. It should switch to the HW profile instantly when it loses contact with the software. The only thing might possibly be a relation to your USB selector switch and if you aren't really severing the software connection.

You can try the soft reset described below, but I doubt it will do much and if this is not related to the USB switch, then it seems like a hardware problem. I would contact Corsair support through the Ticket System and that will be necessary for a hard reset as well.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-Mouse-Reset