Corsair Community

Why is icue blocking atmos for headphones?

KBhamm

Sorry posted in the wrong sub before.

We bought a license. Without icue installed the headsets work with dolby atmos for headphones. With icue installed atmos is blocked for the void or the virtuoso. We want our bought licenses to work. It sounds awesome without icue installed.

And before microsoft started pushing it's dolby atmos, the void with iCue sounded even better. But then microsoft decided to screw around with how they handle audio and so they screwed alot of manufacturers.

Always the same with microsoft, they want to push their shortsighted vision of what we should be doing on our computers. They even dictate how loud we should play our audio.

But that's the meaning of a certificate like thx or dolby or dts. The sound is so loud like the sound producer wants it on each channel. Like a home theater, movies are mixed in a way that level 0 on an surround reciever is the original noise level the producer wanted to. But I prefer to have my own choice what sound algorithm I wanna use. And the mode pure is not pure direct when im restricted in any way. I gonna use the virtuoso with 3.5mm jack because the sound algorithm of atmos gives it a huge level up. Without atmos it's only a good headset for Music. In my ears :P Edited by KBhamm