Corsair Community

Different fan types, commander pro, lightning node CORE, and Lighting node pro?

LazyLightning7

Hi Corsair forum,

I am building my first PC so excuse any dumb questions. First of all, I have looked at https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880&t=173880, so I know about that. That is actually why I am writing a post.

I bought the 3x pack of SP120s which came with a Lightning Node CORE. The LNC has 6 RGB inputs, a SATA input, and an internal USB 2.0 output.

I also bought a 3x of LL120s which came with a Lightning Node Pro and A USB LED hub. The RGB LED hub has 6 RGB inputs and connects to the Lightning Node pro via the LED channel. The Lighting node pro then outputs to a USB 2.0 internal header.

I ALSO just bought a commander pro. This has two USB internal headers, some temp channels, 2 LED inputs, and 6 fan inputs.

I also have a Corsair H100i Pro AIO cooler, which also has a USB2.0 internal out on it.

I have a few questions.

I know I need to have SPs and LLs on separate channels/hubs.

I saw this in the FAQ:

"None of the below items are compatible with the older Commander Mini and Lighting Node Products.. Do NOT attempt to mix the two product ranges. The Commander Mini and Lighting Node are now discontinued, You may get help for these items by asking in the Corsair Link Section 'Click Me'"

1. Does this apply to the Lightning Node Core?? Or can I still use the Lighting Node Core? Am I not supposed to mix the Lightning Node Core with the Commander Pro/Lighting Node Pro? I saw videos about the LNC, as if it was a newer product, but the above quote kind of confused me.

2. I don't have many USB 2.0 headers on my MB. Would I be able to use the Commander Pro USB headers to input the Lightning Node Core channel? Can I use the commander pro USB headers to input the AIO USB2.0 output?? And then just use the commander pro to the USB 2.0 port on the MB for both of the fans AND the AIO? Or will I need to use the commander pro/LNP with one USB2.0 header, the LNC with another USB2.0 header and the AIO on another?

Any help would be appreciated!