Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2018, 06:48 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945642
DevBiker Reputation: 88

AFAIK, there's no resolution.
That said, i did try to reproduce this on my son's Ryzen system to no avail. So apparently it's not all Ryzen systems?
Questions:
1. did you install the AMD chipset drivers or just let Windows detect them? Is
2. Is XHCI handoff enabled in the BIOS? Legacy USB Devices?
3. Have you tried forcing an update to the unknown driver? The driver for the CoPro hub is actually a generic one, not Corsair specific.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-26-2018, 09:18 PM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946696
Muadweeb Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That said, i did try to reproduce this on my son's Ryzen system to no avail. So apparently it's not all Ryzen systems?
Questions:
3. Have you tried forcing an update to the unknown driver? The driver for the CoPro hub is actually a generic one, not Corsair specific.
It actually takes a while to rear its head on mine. Typically after I leave the system off for most of the day, it will come back up.

1. AMD Chipset drivers were installed, i didn't let window auto do it.
2. I have disabled both of these functions, has no effect on the issue.
3. I tried forcing an update, but windows states that it already has the best driver. Strange, because the driver provider is Windows, the date on the driver is 6/21/2006; version 10.0.16299.15. I haven't been able to find a corsair specific driver at all. FYI, the newest Link update did nothing to fix the issue.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:22 AM
Freeblazin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947059
Freeblazin Reputation: 10
Default Issue Confirmed on ASUS Zenith Extreme

I am also experiencing this issue in where the Commander Pro Hub (CLCH) or attached devices are not recognized when connected to the internal motherboard headers of the ASUS Zenith Extreme. I have verified that XHCI handoff and Legacy USB Devices are enabled in the BIOS. I have the latest ASUS chipset drivers installed as well. To note, the ASUS chipset installer package for this motherboard did not install the USB Host Controller drivers for windows 10, leaving the Microsoft generic driver to install. I also tested a manual driver upgrade to the latest AMD Controller and Hub drivers with the same results.

My current workaround is a DIY USB header to dual USB cables plugged into the rear IO panel, which is working for now so I may enjoy the incredible RGB goodness of the new iCUE suite and Far Cry 5!!

I would appreciate if this bug could remain on the list, even down near the bottom with all the iCUE dev efforts getting all the attention. I am also available to test any beta firmware towards this issue as well.

Commander Pro connected to internal header

Commander Pro connected to rear IO USB Host Controller

AMD USB Host Controller SIV Details

AMD USB Host Controller Driver Details

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SIV USB Bus - CLCP on Motherboard Header.jpg (272.7 KB, 1868 views)
File Type: jpg SIV USB Bus - CLCP on Rear IO USB Hub.jpg (310.3 KB, 1905 views)
File Type: jpg SIV USB Host Controller.jpg (132.1 KB, 2026 views)
File Type: jpg Device Manager - AMD USB Host Controller Driver.jpg (65.0 KB, 1916 views)

Old 03-28-2018, 02:03 AM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947087

So basically, you got around the issue with the hub not being recognized by (essentially) attaching it to a rear I/o port? Interesting
. I may have to try that, as my case has a HDMI pass-through that I can thread a USB cable out of. It will take up a rear port, but at this point if it works I dont care.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:07 AM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeblazin View Post
I am also experiencing this issue in where the Commander Pro Hub (CLCH) or attached devices are not recognized when connected to the internal motherboard headers of the ASUS Zenith Extreme. I have verified that XHCI handoff and Legacy USB Devices are enabled in the BIOS. I have the latest ASUS chipset drivers installed as well. To note, the ASUS chipset installer package for this motherboard did not install the USB Host Controller drivers for windows 10, leaving the Microsoft generic driver to install. I also tested a manual driver upgrade to the latest AMD Controller and Hub drivers with the same results.

My current workaround is a DIY USB header to dual USB cables plugged into the rear IO panel, which is working for now so I may enjoy the incredible RGB goodness of the new iCUE suite and Far Cry 5!!

I would appreciate if this bug could remain on the list, even down near the bottom with all the iCUE dev efforts getting all the attention. I am also available to test any beta firmware towards this issue as well.

Commander Pro connected to internal header

Commander Pro connected to rear IO USB Host Controller

AMD USB Host Controller SIV Details

AMD USB Host Controller Driver Details

So THIS should get me around my hub problem? https://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-...MaAsTgEALw_wcB

Old 03-28-2018, 02:21 AM

POST ID # = 947094
rpesta Reputation: 10

Quote:
Questions:
What doesn't work? Plugging any Corsair USB device into the Corsair Commander Pro USB headers.
What does work? Plugging any Corsair USB device directly into the USB header itself, bypassing the Commander Pro altogether.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:22 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947144

Have you update the CoPro's firmware? From what I understand, this should have been fixed in the latest firmware. If not, we'll need to make sure that Corsair is aware so they can investigate.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Freeblazin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947219
Freeblazin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Have you update the CoPro's firmware? From what I understand, this should have been fixed in the latest firmware. If not, we'll need to make sure that Corsair is aware so they can investigate.
I have verified that my CoPro is running the latest 0.07.199 firmware.

Quote:
So THIS should get me around my hub problem? https://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-...MaAsTgEALw_wcB
It sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue as I am, however in my case, Windows has never recognized the CoPro Hub when connected to the internal headers through all of my troubleshooting. Seems as if there is still some minor programmatic issues between my USB Host Controller Drivers and the CoPro firmware. Where in your case, you have had the CoPro hub recognized in Windows and it seems to drop out.

The cable from the link is correct for attempting the workaround that I am currently using. It may not be a guaranteed success for you though, factors depend on if your rear IO ports actually use a different USB Host Controller that does not have the programmatic issues and your root cause could potentially be different given that you have had it detected successfully and it drops. For the cost of the cable though, I personally would attempt the workaround just to see. I also picked up an internal USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Header adapter, which did not resolve my issue as the motherboard 3.0 header still uses the same internal USB Host Controller.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948913

Still waiting on my cable, and of course, any kind of word from corsair that they are actually working on a solution...

Old 04-06-2018, 06:32 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadweeb View Post
Still waiting on my cable, and of course, any kind of word from corsair that they are actually working on a solution...
They have said, multiple times, that they were investigating. From what I have heard, the latest firmware for the Commander Pro should resolve the issue.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 04-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951196

Quote:
They have said, multiple times, that they were investigating. From what I have heard, the latest firmware for the Commander Pro should resolve the issue.
I have seen ZERO threads or posts ANYWHERE that says they are working on the compatibility issue between the USB headers on AMD boards and the Commander Pro/Link. As usual, with the latest update ZERO has been done on this problem. Like I said, it would be nice to hear from SOMEONE at Corsair that would even acknowledge that its an outstanding issue. Even their "known bugs" list on the latest release has yet to note it!! I'm getting pretty fed up with this.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeblazin View Post
I have verified that my CoPro is running the latest 0.07.199 firmware.

It sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue as I am, however in my case, Windows has never recognized the CoPro Hub when connected to the internal headers through all of my troubleshooting. Seems as if there is still some minor programmatic issues between my USB Host Controller Drivers and the CoPro firmware. Where in your case, you have had the CoPro hub recognized in Windows and it seems to drop out.

The cable from the link is correct for attempting the workaround that I am currently using. It may not be a guaranteed success for you though, factors depend on if your rear IO ports actually use a different USB Host Controller that does not have the programmatic issues and your root cause could potentially be different given that you have had it detected successfully and it drops. For the cost of the cable though, I personally would attempt the workaround just to see. I also picked up an internal USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Header adapter, which did not resolve my issue as the motherboard 3.0 header still uses the same internal USB Host Controller.
I finally got my cable from China, and unfortunately it did not solve my issue.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 AM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951239

Sorry about being short, I am just frustrated with a 70 dollar hum that is half (or less at times depending on "Updates") Functional. Want to know the crazy part? I just found out that this issue WAS (sort of) in their release notes for version 4.9.4.28:

Known Issues:
Users connecting Lighting Node PRO or AXi USB dongle to Commander PRO USB hub may experience detection issues if Commander PRO is connected to an AMD chipset or ASMedia USB controller. (Fix ongoing.)
CPU core numbering may not report correctly for some users. (Fix ongoing.)
Extra fans may appear under motherboard info after Link is left running over an extended period of time. (Fix ongoing.)
Systems with AMD graphics cards may report one extra graphics card. (Fix ongoing.)
Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Fix ongoing.)
Changing profiles does not change DRAM lighting. (Scheduled to be fixed in next release.)
LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.

I wonder why it has been left off the "Known Issues" recently...and if thats a bad indication that they've given up? Not too sure.

Last edited by Muadweeb; 04-20-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:28 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951331

They thought that it was fixed with a firmware update. As I've explained on other threads, the problems is actually with the AsMedia USB controller, not with the CoPro. NZXTs internal hub experiences the same issue.

And it doesn't affect all AMD board either. My son's computer is a Ryzen and the CoPro works fine on his machine, even the USB hub. SO ... I'm not sure if this is due to his drivers, his BIOS version or something else ... but it does work.

Finally, there is always the possibility that fixing this to work with a USB controller that doesn't quite stick to the spec would break other controllers that do stick to the spec.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 06-04-2018, 08:46 PM
thoughtcoder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957449
thoughtcoder Reputation: 10

Quote:
They thought that it was fixed with a firmware update. As I've explained on other threads, the problems is actually with the AsMedia USB controller, not with the CoPro. NZXTs internal hub experiences the same issue.

And it doesn't affect all AMD board either. My son's computer is a Ryzen and the CoPro works fine on his machine, even the USB hub. SO ... I'm not sure if this is due to his drivers, his BIOS version or something else ... but it does work.

Finally, there is always the possibility that fixing this to work with a USB controller that doesn't quite stick to the spec would break other controllers that do stick to the spec.
Is there any update on this? Appears that it is still not resolved.