Corsair Community

Where do I find serial number / lot code for my CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

Cacophonous

Hello guys, this is my first post and sorry if the question is redundant but I already used the search feature and read this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84302 but I did not find the info I needed there. Let me suggest that the answer to my question becomes a "sticky" here, or better yet, a link on TSX form in order to make the RMA request process easier...

I already have a case number opened, it is 2650425, I just haven´t submitted the RMA yet.

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (Vengeance 8gb kit)

On the memory modules I see these numbers:

Module 1: 837993 120101155

Module 2: 837994 120101155

Are these the numbers I should use? Which is the serial number, and which is the lot code?

I also have another question. I bought this kit from a US seller on Ebay, how do I know if he is an authorized reseller? Will I be covered by Corsair's warranty?

Thank you.

I have no serial #'s on mine

Model is CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 (Vengeance 12gb kit)

All I see is one number the same on all 3 DIMMs, its:

So how can I fill out the RMA when my chips have no serial #s on them as I assume that the 112104718 is lot number since its same on every DIMM

These were purchased from newegg

How do I proceed?

Thanks I will do the RMA now.

Also one quick question - I realize that my current MB supports quad channel memory but only have the 3 chips. I know chips must be matched for quad channel support.

Can I just purchase this one (see below) and add it to the 3 for quad? It is the same series and has the same chip ratings so I assume that would be fine, but wanted to confirm

CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 12800 9-9-9-24

No, as they weren't tested together. You can certainly try it, but no guarantees.

From what I understand of RMA process, is if the memory is bad and since its a kit then Corsair replaces all 3 to match as well, so is their a way in the RMA process to request a 4th DIMM to match the set and pay for it since at the time they will have a lot of matched chips to choose from?

If so who would I contact?

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but that is not true, we can only replace for the same part that you have sent in. But I would suggest once you have the RMA# you contact our customer service and see if they can help.

I am sorry but that is not true, we can only replace for the same part that you have sent in. But I would suggest once you have the RMA# you contact our customer service and see if they can help.

Sorry, I thought I read somewhere either in this forum or in the RMA process that if a part in a kit fails you send the whole kit in since they all need to match otherwise they are not running as a kit even if only one is throwing memtest error.

Are you saying when we buy a kit with a lifetime warranty that you can replace just a single chip yet your official recommendation is to NOT to mix DIMMs. I don't get it since that makes the warranty useless. So your warranty RMA basically removes the one benefit of buying kits which is to be able to run them in the triple or quad channel configurations. Please explain if my understanding is incorrect, but I thought that was the main point of a matched set.

Or is it that you replace the one chip but find one that you ensure works well with the set and is tested to make sure of this? If thats the case then this still make the warranty useful and me happy :)

Or is all this quad and triple channel stuff over hyped? I will be doing intensive video encoding of HD video using x264 H.264 encoder.

Or is the matched set all about overclocking then it is about triple or quad channel usage?

• 1 month later...

Archived