Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 running at 2133

lazers

Can any one help me out. RAM is running at 2133. I enabled XML in BIOS and now BIOS shows correct RAM configuration including voltage and everything. However, Windows (Task Manager, WMIC and CPU-Z) still show it as 2133.

Please help.

Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=28315&d=1490298994attachment.php?attachmentid=28314&d=1490298989

CPUZ reports the JEDEC rather than the XMP bandwidth.

The DIMMs are running at the DDR4-3000 rate and all is as it should be :biggrin:.

I expect the 2133 that Windows reports comes from the SMBIOS/DMI data and is also JEDEC rather than XMP.

CPUZ reports the JEDEC rather than the XMP bandwidth.

The DIMMs are running at the DDR4-3000 rate and all is as it should be :biggrin:.

I expect the 2133 that Windows reports comes from the SMBIOS/DMI data and is also JEDEC rather than XMP.

Oh, ok. Makes sense. Actually these wmic and taskmanager were very confusing. Thanks :biggrin:

NB frequency is the CPU_NB or uncore speed and has nothing to do with memory. DRAM frequency is what you are looking for and 1500MHz is exactly what it should be for DDR4-3000. So all is good.

The max bandwidth ignores Intel Extreme Memory profiles (XMP) and defaults to the fastest available standard profile, so that's why it gets reported as DDR4-2133.

The max bandwidth ignores Intel Extreme Memory profiles (XMP) and defaults to the fastest available standard profile, so that's why it gets reported as DDR4-2133.

But CPUZ reports it as DDR4-2132, not DDR4-2133. How can this be correct?

Probably a rounding error because of BCLK drifting slightly below 1000MHz during initialisation, it's the same with the XMP and probably CPU-freq as well (happens on a lot of boards).

Incorrect. The SPD data is read from the DIMMs and the BCLCK has no effect at all on this.

When I mentioned this to Franck he asked me how I got the correct numbers and he is planning to update his code to do the same.

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I'm having the very same problem... except that mine is real.

The Corsair memory is running as ddr4-2133 when it should be ddr4-2400

It is paired with a Kingston ddr4-2400 which works at the correct speed, but also slowing it down due to dual channel requirements.

As you can see from the model and other settings this Corsair memory is suppossed to have a 2400 mhz clock!

2018-07-23_23_52_51-_Program_Manager.png

2018-07-23_23_53_08-_Program_Manager.png

2018-07-23_23_53_30-_Program_Manager.png

photo sharing

Mixing RAM is no bueno. Look at the other timings for 2400Mhz ... they don't match. You're lucky to boot at all as they don't have any common settings.

It's always been recommended not to mix RAM but if you do, make sure that the timings match exactly. With DDR3 and earlier, you could usually get away with it a bit. DDR4 is particularly persnickety when you mix timings.

• Corsair Employee
Hello.

I'm having the very same problem... except that mine is real.

The Corsair memory is running as ddr4-2133 when it should be ddr4-2400

It is paired with a Kingston ddr4-2400 which works at the correct speed, but also slowing it down due to dual channel requirements.

As you can see from the model and other settings this Corsair memory is suppossed to have a 2400 mhz clock!

2018-07-23_23_52_51-_Program_Manager.png

2018-07-23_23_53_08-_Program_Manager.png

2018-07-23_23_53_30-_Program_Manager.png

photo sharing

Use only one or the other module and you should be fine.

-Art

Archived