Corsair Community

Fkeys now typing numbers also

words

Hello everyone,

I had skip several updates since they broke de Macros which I need for work and the most recent iCue update, but now, two days after I've updated, I noticed that the Fkeys also type numbers... for some reason.

The worst being Pressing F2 to rename and having it renamed 8 automatically. Quite annoying.

I've tested with another keyboard, I've forced updated my firmware. Any suggestion beside rolling back to a year old version of iCue?

Ok, I just tried a few things to confirm the origin of the issue.

If I map the F2 key on a other key and it works, it simply rename.

It also seems that if iCue is turned off, it works properlly.

Which seems to mean that it's litterally the key assignation that iCue gives to the keyboard that is messed up.

Ok, I just tried a few things to confirm the origin of the issue.

If I map the F2 key on a other key and it works, it simply rename.

It also seems that if iCue is turned off, it works properlly.

Which seems to mean that it's litterally the key assignation that iCue gives to the keyboard that is messed up.

Try this,.

I had this issue but with my esc key.

the below link helped me fix my issues.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1026655#post1026655

So we're back to just wait for them to fix it?

Urgh. I can't believe that a year later not only did their update fixed nothing that wasn't working well before AND i cannot find any new interesting feature, but they also managed to mess up what was already working.

The bug is specific to version 3.22.74. You can roll back to 3.21, but know your profiles are not backwards compatible. You will need to re-import and re-create all your settings.

The better initial option is to clear out anything you have sitting in the Actions Library while leaving the actions mapped in the profiles. This resolves most action issues and the double mapping. However, success varies a bit by keyboard (key count) and the complexity of macros is unlimited. Launch commands seem to be problematic no matter where they are located. A macro could contain anything and trigger this. 3.23 should be coming soon.

• Confused 2

Wow. I don't get it, I read your comment and decided to just clean my Action Library (because in it I had number 1 to 0 to assign to the Scimitar mice) and clearing the Action Gallery fixed it, at least for now.

I'm confused as to why it was creating this behavior since, to my understanding, the library is just a place to store Actions, but well, it fixed it.

So big thanks to you.

Yeah, I don't have an answer for that either. However, since the "wrong key" produced on a given press varies by keyboard model and G-key count (18 vs 6 vs 0), I suspect it has to do with key enumeration. If Corsair stick to the normal schedule, we should get a new release maybe later this week. I will be happy to not talk about this any time soon.

The bug is specific to version 3.22.74. You can roll back to 3.21, but know your profiles are not backwards compatible. You will need to re-import and re-create all your settings.

The better initial option is to clear out anything you have sitting in the Actions Library while leaving the actions mapped in the profiles. This resolves most action issues and the double mapping. However, success varies a bit by keyboard (key count) and the complexity of macros is unlimited. Launch commands seem to be problematic no matter where they are located. A macro could contain anything and trigger this. 3.23 should be coming soon.

Worked like a charm! Thank you. Was just going to go without icue software until I saw this

• 1 month later...