Corsair Community

iCue + Dolby Atmos [Status Update]

VenomXII

Folks,

Do we have a status update on the iCue + Dolby Atmos bug?

For those that aren't aware; there is a known issue in using both Dolby Atmos and the iCue software. It appears as if the iCue Dolby surround thats built into iCue overrides the Atmos drivers.

Thx

I've also X-posted this on Reddit

iCue + Dolby Atmos [status Update]

Edited by VenomXII
  • Like 1

I use a Dolby Atmos receiver and 9.2 surround setup on my gaming rig. The Atmos support has been spotty from Nvidia using the HDMI output on my 2080Ti. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. After seeing your thread I am wondering if iCue has been breaking it? Sometimes I can enable the spatial effect, sometimes I can't.

• 2 months later...

Having just picked up a new Void Pro I can confirm that this is still a problem. Getting into things, I noticed that it is also not possible to change the multi-channel configuration of the headset either. Once iCUE is installed it thinks that the headset is an 8 channel device and takes over completely.

I would really like to see this fixed for Dolby Atoms and would also like to see the ability to change the multi-channel configuration as well in the future. There is only one driver in each ear, not sure why I can't pick a 2-channel configuration for music listening etc...

I suppose I still have ~28 days left before I have to return these, but I have yet to find a way to un-install the drivers without having to also uninstall iCUE, which is super unfortunate.

Please Fix!

• Corsair Employee
Having just picked up a new Void Pro I can confirm that this is still a problem. Getting into things, I noticed that it is also not possible to change the multi-channel configuration of the headset either. Once iCUE is installed it thinks that the headset is an 8 channel device and takes over completely.

I would really like to see this fixed for Dolby Atoms and would also like to see the ability to change the multi-channel configuration as well in the future. There is only one driver in each ear, not sure why I can't pick a 2-channel configuration for music listening etc...

I suppose I still have ~28 days left before I have to return these, but I have yet to find a way to un-install the drivers without having to also uninstall iCUE, which is super unfortunate.

Please Fix!

Our headsets are not compatible with Dolby Atmos nor does it support multi channel configurations.

• Like 1

i stumbled across this thread randomly...

Ive been pulling out my friggin hair trying to get my home theater to work with atmos and it was ICUE?!?!

oh my lordy

fix it, ive rma'd two aio's, been double charged for a case and refund is still being processed after months, said youd send a shirt (lol) as an act of good faith and never did, and idk. Fix it. imma make this a thread too.

• 2 months later...
^ To clarify, when you have the headset as the default device and iCUE installed, Dolby Atmos is inaccessible because our headset is only compatible with it's own driver. It should be available in your audio settings for the speaker systems.

Thanks for this info. This is really bad and dumb. I just returned my pair.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, i just bought a Hs 70 headset and i pay before for Dolby Atmos and I saw that it doesn't work with icue.

I did a quick search and realized that there is no solution, for my disapointing.

I started to look for something in the files, in all possible files of icue, in specific of the headset and i started doing some tests.

I magically managed to get Dolby Atmos to work with Icue, but I'm still trying to figure out what actually made it work.

In a few minutes of testing to see if it would keep working, i realized that the only thing that had a problem is that auto power off,

if enabled, will turn off the headset even if it has some sound playing, probably because some bypass with this "fix".

So,you can see in the print screen working.

As soon as I do more testing and if it continues to work, I will find out what actually can be fix this issue, and i will reply here for help you guys.

Thx.

2019-09-17.thumb.png.7af00b71440355cfa3ccb3963d2f3835.png

Edited by iurifms

Folks,

Do we have a status update on the iCue + Dolby Atmos bug?

For those that aren't aware; there is a known issue in using both Dolby Atmos and the iCue software. It appears as if the iCue Dolby surround thats built into iCue overrides the Atmos drivers.

Thx

I've also X-posted this on Reddit

iCue + Dolby Atmos [status Update]

how do you get icue dolby surround?

i use both, but am not aware of anything sound related in icue

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, i just bought a Hs 70 headset and i pay before for Dolby Atmos and I saw that it doesn't work with icue.

I did a quick search and realized that there is no solution, for my disapointing.

I started to look for something in the files, in all possible files of icue, in specific of the headset and i started doing some tests.

I magically managed to get Dolby Atmos to work with Icue, but I'm still trying to figure out what actually made it work.

In a few minutes of testing to see if it would keep working, i realized that the only thing that had a problem is that auto power off,

if enabled, will turn off the headset even if it has some sound playing, probably because some bypass with this "fix".

So,you can see in the print screen working.

As soon as I do more testing and if it continues to work, I will find out what actually can be fix this issue, and i will reply here for help you guys.

Thx.

How???? I try so hard to get this to work and you just magically did it?

Sorry if you guys can't understand very weell, but i will try my best to help, i don't speak english and i don't use google tradutor because in my opinion is a piece of ****

I get straight to the point, as I had already installed on the system, I went to control panel, device manager, sound, video and game controllers, went to corsair headset, opened it in properties, driver, uninstall device. After that I went to devices and printers, and removed the device. After that, I restarted my system, and with ICUE closed, I reinstalled the headset.

When you install again with ICUE closed, the windows will install with the default driver for the headset, the generic driver, which is compatible with Dolby Atmos. After that, I tested if Dolby Atmos would be available for the headset and just then i opened icue normally, but disable automatic shutdown for headset, as it will not be recognizing Corsair as the primary driver, so automatic shutdown will not work. Hope this help you guys, this was i discover to make Dolby Atmos work.

• 1 month later...
Corsair Needs to fix their iCue drivers for their headsets to work with Dolby Atmos, this has been a known issue for awhile. I am going to leave a negative review on my headset on every Corsair social media sites, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, where I bought the headset and iReddit until they fix it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess i found a way to do this.

1. Download and install CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.14.67_release

2.Go to the installtion location and copy the drivers folder to desktop or any other partition.

3.Uninstall CUE

4.Restart and after getting into Windows manually try to install the driver from previously copied folder.

5. Try to enable Dolby atmos. (It won't be enabled)

6.Uninstall the driver from the device manager. (Be sure to tick Delete this device driver). And when prompt appears to restart do it.

7. After restarting enable Dolby atmos and you are good to go.

Let me know if any of this worked for you... I'm on Windows 10 build 10.0.17763.107 (1809)

PS:sorry for my bad english

312057487_VoidproonDolby.thumb.jpg.817f5374f1c503debde3217ce6973870.jpg

• 1 month later...