Corsair Community

iCue and Void headset problem.

cplifj

The problem is that iCue voice prompt and the buttons on the headset stop working after a cold boot or reboot.

i have no problems with other devices like the k75 rapidfire or the HX1000i .

Also the error being reported about the corsair.service is gone with reboots. This is good.

Cpu usage for iCue is now about 3% , which is also alot better than the 10-12% it used to be.

The headset keeps giving sound after cold boot or reboot , but the voice prompt and headset buttons no longer work.

They do however keep working when i put my pc to sleep or hibernate. Just not on reboot or cold boot.

Does anyone have an idea, is this windows or icue problem ?

I do notice that on shutdown/reboots my keybord gets unloaded by icue, because the lighting returns to default (red) just before windows closes down. The void headset does not appear to get unloaded because the lighting set keeps going till actual powerdown.

It is very annoying to have to disconnect the void headset, then in windows device manager delete the void hardware after every cold boot or reboot so that icue redetects the headset when replugged and makes the voice prompt and buttons work again.

Anyone got clues ?

Edited by cplifj

I have a sneaking suspision this is caused by windows 10 which cuts the system power too soon on shutdown/reboots. The same reason that causes windows fast startup function to create file corruption after 3-5 days of shutting down at night and rebooting in the morning.

When using sleep or hibernate i can see my corsair devices get unloaded from iCue before the system powers down, when just shutting down iCue does not get the time needed from windows to close properly before system power gets cut by windows.

This microsoft flaw is also what creates problems (filecorruption) if you dare use windows own fast startup function.

Edited by cplifj

Strange thing happened, PC Graphics hung while youtubing.

Reset pc, installed new amd graphics driver 19.9.2.

And now the void voice prompts and buttons keep functioning on reboots too.

Beats me what causes all this.

Anyway, iCue 3.19 actually fully works as intended now. *mind blown*

Maybe Lucky i only got 3 corsair devices being controlled by iCue.

And another update,

Though the buttons now work, there is no actual switching between EQ settings or surroundfunction.

Can press the buttons as much as you like, voiceprompts work but nothing actually changes.

I fully blame Microsoft.

And finally i have it all working, another removal of the void in device manager and replugging the headset made the EQ and surround effects actually work.

Although the quality is nowhere near where it used to be.

Everything sounds much less clear. i still blame microsoft for this.

So ok corsair, iCue 3.19 works fully for me now. No strange error reports or anything.