Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1333C8 and Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V

n0x1ous

Just want to make sure these two parts are compatible. The board said it supports DDR3 1333 speeds which this memory is, but after getting the board it said it was only rated for 1.5 V where as the memory sticks say 1.65 on them.

This specific module wasn't listed as compatible on Gigabyte's website, but does that mean they just haven't tested it?

Will the motherboard just run it at 1.5 with looser timings? Is that ok for the memory?

CPU is Core i3 - 550

The DDR3 JEDEC industry RAM standard voltage is 1.5 V but some DIMMs run at 1.65 V for higher frequency operation. The QVL lists only have a limited number of memory modules that the mobo company has tested. Any of the Corsair RAM listed compatible for your CPU should work fine. The link below shows both 1.5 V and 1.65 V RAM that should work with your mobo.

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1529909

so even though my specific module isn't listed in that list on the corsair site it should still be fine? I didn't have any problems with it. I just put the build together last night and it booted up and i got into the BIOS etc. didnt load windows yet though...

There are many Corsair part numbers not listed on the Corsair website as they are producing new part numbers all of the time and the website is not always up to date or fully inclusive of every P.N. Corsair has produced. As long as your system runs without problems, you're good to go. :D:

Archived