Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 12:30 PM

POST ID # = 774173
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar View Post
No new version as far as I can see, still not working for me. It's a shame really, that Corsair don't stop the sales of these as long as the software doesn't work.
If they were to have stopped sales for Corsair Link not working, they would have had to stop sales of their cooling solutions 2 years ago. They care more about sales, than satisfied customers. This is why after 2 years Corsair Link is still a buggy mess.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:33 PM

POST ID # = 774174
Nadar Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
If they were to have stopped sales for Corsair Link not working, they would have had to stop sales of their cooling solutions 2 years ago. They care more about sales, than satisfied customers. This is why after 2 years Corsair Link is still a buggy mess.
I know and agree, but the case with the GTX is "extreme" in that the water temp sensor simply isn't detected/shown by CL. It really renders the whole product useless, as this is the only sensible thing to control things by.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:44 PM

POST ID # = 774181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumokaj View Post
Having the same issue, I am living in Denmark.

The cooler is running, an my CPU temp according to my ROG Front panel is somewhere between 30c and 45c degrees, so my unit i working fine.
But corsair link, i showing no fan RPMs and no pump RPMs, and the gauges are just flashing red.

Hopefully they will have a solution to this problem soon.
In my case, only the water temp is 0. I did however have the same problem you do right after mounting it all, and the problem was that I followed the instructions on the "quick installation" pamphlet and connected the GTX pump to a voltage regulated (3 pin) CPU Fan connector. That didn't work, since my motherboard sent a to low voltage. While the GTX had enough power to be detected, everything showed 0 and my fans didn't actually turn. I doubt that the pump was doing much either. I moved it to the 4 pin/PWM CPU Fan connector, since that delivers a constant 12 V (it's the fourth pin which isn't in use that regulates the speed on PWM). Try that, and see if you get RPM's on fans and pump, and if your CPU temp doesn't fall quite a bit. Mine now idles at 25 degrees, and if I manually put fans and pump on "performance" it doesn't go above 30 under load ;)

Old 04-27-2015, 07:38 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775654
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Honestly, you're probably better off ditching the cooler altogether instead of waiting for an update that might fix the problem but will inevitably introduce five more. No indication of progress in the past month despie Corsair's due diligence being applied to this stupid problem (their words). We were recently told to expect a complete overhaul of Link that would correct the course but it ended up being built to the usual Corsair standard. Don't hold your breath for a fix.

Last edited by ApexAU; 04-27-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:55 AM

POST ID # = 775658

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAU View Post
Honestly, you're probably better off ditching the cooler altogether instead of waiting for an update that might fix the problem but will inevitably introduce five more. No indication of progress in the past month despie Corsair's due diligence being applied to this stupid problem (their words). We were recently told to expect a complete overhaul of Link that would correct the course but it ended up being built to the usual Corsair standard. Don't hold your breath for a fix.
I hope you are wrong, albeit I fear that you're right. I have decided to give them some more time before RMA'ing it though.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775747
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I'm pushing on our software team to release at least a small update to Link that fixes the blinking red readouts. We know what the problem is, we have a fix internally, I'd like to be able to point people to it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:00 PM
eexxon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776042
eexxon Reputation: 10

Dustin, I've actually created the account just to say thanks! (I guess I might actually use it in future :)
I understand how frustrating it is to see this angry mob, knowing you have the cure but aren't allowed actually give it to us.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 776234

Quote:
Originally Posted by eexxon View Post
Dustin, I've actually created the account just to say thanks! (I guess I might actually use it in future :)
I understand how frustrating it is to see this angry mob, knowing you have the cure but aren't allowed actually give it to us.
The encouragement is appreciated. I handle a lot over here, but I do try to regularly rattle cages re: Corsair Link.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:58 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777791
snapper69 Reputation: 32

Just as a matter of interest, what proportion of Link complaints (like these) do you get compared to the number of coolers sold? The problem is that very few people come on here to say "thanks, Link works perfectly for me", most come on to try to find a solution to a problem. That's how I came on here first, with a problem with an H100i not being detected.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:01 PM

POST ID # = 777869

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
Just as a matter of interest, what proportion of Link complaints (like these) do you get compared to the number of coolers sold? The problem is that very few people come on here to say "thanks, Link works perfectly for me", most come on to try to find a solution to a problem. That's how I came on here first, with a problem with an H100i not being detected.
I struggle to see what your point is. This is a support forum, people aren't supposed to come here and write "Thanks, Link works perfectly for me". That would be utterly useless information. Furthermore, even if it did work for 80% (which I think VERY unlikely), that would still be unacceptable. People pay money for a product, and it's implied that they will get a working product back.

I believe that while some of the problems might be due to individual configurations/software setups, a lot of them is common to all. Like for example that you can't adjust custom curve RPM above 4000. It's been like that from the beginning of time, it would be easy to fix, yet it's not touched. I have fans that can do 13000 RPM, which makes a cap at 4000 RPM a joke. I also seriously doubt that e.g the cooler temp "problem" (on the H100i GTX) is some rare situation for me and my setup. My guess is that it either doesn't work anywhere, or that it doesn't work for particular hardware versions or particular OS versions. It's not some rare, freak situation. Yet only a few reports it here.

I think the problems are massively underreported. Some people probably don't know, and just runs it in default configuration (without using CL at all). Others probably never find this forum, and the ones who make it here is probably overwhelmed by all the problems reported here and see no point in repeating what is already reported by many others.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:39 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778006
snapper69 Reputation: 32

My post was a reply to Dustin and was, therefore, a question for him.

My point is that if 500 people come on here and complain about link, that seems like a big problem, but 10,000,000 people are using it, that is a very small proportion. That is the way of forums? I realise that people come on here to solve problems and get advice and complain,(I never said otherwise) but that can give a skewed impression of any problems.

Much of your post is conjecture, I'm not saying that your wrong, you may be right, however it's just your opinion, just as many other posts on here are the opinions of their author.

I came on here because I had problems with Link and the H100i, after trying 3 of them, I got a refund and bought an air cooler. Then, when the H110i GT came out, I bought one and installed Link and it worked perfectly.

13,000 rpm fans? Does your computer hover in mid air? How do you stand the noise?

Last edited by snapper69; 05-08-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:22 PM

POST ID # = 779354

Quote:
My point is that if 500 people come on here and complain about link, that seems like a big problem, but 10,000,000 people are using it, that is a very small proportion. That is the way of forums? I realise that people come on here to solve problems and get advice and complain,(I never said otherwise) but that can give a skewed impression of any problems.
My point is that the problem for those 500 are the same nomather how many alleged problem free CL users there are out there. This is not some public opinion poll for CL, to rate overall user happyness out there or something like that. I just bought a brand new H100i GTX for which CL can't read the water temperature, and thus I cannot control my fans. It's of no help to me to hear about all the thousands of users not having that problem, in fact it's a bit provoking since it's hinting that the cause has to do with my setup and that it's some rare, freak event that Corsair can't possibly be blamed for. About your 10,000,000 people using CL, now THAT's conjecture...

Quote:
Much of your post is conjecture, I'm not saying that your wrong, you may be right, however it's just your opinion, just as many other posts on here are the opinions of their author.
I struggle to see just what I say that is conjecture. Sure, when it comes to estimating how many percent of the CL users experiencing problems, we're all guessing. But, guessing can be more or less qualified. A lot of the problems with CL (not this particular one though) are so general in nature, that I actually refuse to believe that most if not all have them. That not everybody notice them might be the case, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

I have actually quite a bit of testing before concluding that CL simply "fail by design" - or the lack of proper design. I have installed no less than 3 different virtual machines running Windows 2008 R2, Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit. These machines have had generalized hardware being virtual machines (no special case drivers to interfere), have ONLY had Windows and Corsair Link installed (no software conflicts) and still have shown the exacts same issues with memory leaks, window drawing problems, CPU hogging and crashing after running for some hours. I can also see from some of the problems that they are because of the way the software is made/by design (like the 4000 RPM limit, the messy graphical layout that doesn't handle resizing, the flawed tray icon behaviour++) and not due to some spesific case happening just to me. I therefore find it provoking when you want to reduce all this to just being "my opinion". If I think the CL GUI is ugly (which I do) that is an opinion. When I say that CL doesn't handle windows resizing/different resolutions, it's a fact, not an opinion.

Quote:
I came on here because I had problems with Link and the H100i, after trying 3 of them, I got a refund and bought an air cooler. Then, when the H110i GT came out, I bought one and installed Link and it worked perfectly.
Good for you, but when you say "perfectly" I read a lot of goodwill from your part into that. That means that you don't think a lot of the issues that are there common to all CL installations aren't a problem. If you find them acceptable, I could understand that, but pretending like they're not there makes me wonder where you're coming from.

Quote:
13,000 rpm fans? Does your computer hover in mid air? How do you stand the noise?
I don't dear to link to them since they probably could be considered "competing product", but mine are 60 mm fans and those speeds are quite common in that size, especially in server/high end hardware. The whole point with having a fan controller is NOT to run them at full speed because of energy consumption, wear and noise. I usually run them at around 3000 RPM, and they are not controlled by CL (since that would be pointless with the 4000 RPM cap). I like to have spare capacity though, so that the fans CAN keep things cool even under extreme conditions. Having high noise under such circumstances is preferrable to me than having too high temperatures.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 779802

I'll just say that while the number of complaints about Link on our forums are more than enough to get our attention and get me to continue coming back to try and help people as best I can - by the way, the new version of Link found here fixes the blinking readouts - in terms of an actual percentage against the number of coolers we sell, it's extremely low.

I'm not really keen on looking at it that way, though, which is why I try to work aggressively with the product manager, validations, and engineering teams. It's impossible to release a product that has no problems - we even have negative reviews for mouse mats once in a blue moon - but we can at least endeavor to bring the number of complaints/issues as low as possible.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 PM

POST ID # = 779869

CL 3.1.5570 fixed the 0 cooler temp issue for me. Thank you Dustin for notifying.