Corsair Community

H100i GTX shown as unknown device :(

jeangjenq

Hi everyone, been looking everywhere for a solution for this but still unable to find one that's working for me, I'll try my luck creating a thread here.

I purchased a Corsair H100i GTX a few weeks ago and it was working fine with Corsair link. Later I had a hardware failure with my motherboard and I have to replaced it. After I reinstall Windows, Corsair link (or Windows) cannot detect the cooler. Device manager shows it as an "Unknown Device" under the "Universal Serial Bus Controller". Also inside "Devices and printer", there's an "Unknown Device".

I tried plugging the cable into every USB ports I have, external or internal. I tried the registry fix, but my regedit doesn't have that registry at all. I've tried reinstalling Corsair Link dozens of time and still nothing shows up. And the fan speed is totally out of my control.

My computer is running on Windows 7 64bit, Asrock Z97-Extreme4 motherboard.

Despite having good reputation on performance, this cooler is still infamous with its noise. I'm living in a quiet environment here and the spiked fan speed while I'm doing 3D rendering is just causing a lot of problem to me.

Please help!!! :[pouts::[pouts::[pouts:

Give this a go and see if it resolves your issue.

It's tricky to know what to tell you to do as you have not added your PC specs to your profile, so do this.

Using Device Manager uninstall the "unknown USB-Device", power down the system for 2 minutes and then reboot. What does Device Manager now report? Post the properties panel if there is still an issue

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155109

Archived