Corsair Community

How install Open Cue Service?

espr3ss0

Having trouble installing the Open Cue Service, I've unzipped and tried running open-cue-service but an error occurs ... "The application to execute does not exist: 'C:\Users\Coffee\AppData\Local\Temp\.net\open-cue-service\oj2trrd3.uek\open-cue-service.dll'."

hey I was going to reply to your comment in that other thread in here. I had never tried it, but I am just now installing IIS Express and hoping to update VS and make sure the ASP core is in there so I can hopefully click to run legion2's open-cue-service which is what his cli uses. You can get to it by clicking a link in his other git. Before I post anything additional I am going to see if I can get it to run and will report back.

Edited by hastegag

I had some difficulties compiling Legion2's source for the service, but the release ran fine for the "service" side of it. It runs a server, hosted on your local machine, just like MaccaCool's, but I believe this is using a RESTful api which has some upsides and seems to call the DLL cleanly.

Then separately, Legion2 has an interoperable command line interface, but I had some challenges getting Java SE to work properly. It seems even if you add JAVA_HOME in the environment variables, you still can't get it to point to the right directory where the Kotlin files are saved. I think once it works, it could be nice, but I can't help but feel the CLI doesn't need to be using java and could be run from a variety of scripting environments since it is just making calls to the service.

Like in AutoHotkey, you could do this as an example in Legion2's approach:

whr:=ComObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")

whr.Open("POST", "http://localhost:25555/api/profiles/GREEN/trigger",false)

whr.Send()

the ability to craft various API calls from the Swagger UI is pretty helpful. Additionally, just having a preset profile trigger is handy. As written, the downsides to Legion2's project, as far as I can tell include:

- Application specific controllers are lacking

- Limited logging of what requests have been received or rejected or failed and why

To be honest, they'e both great and the projects are below:

MaccaCool

https://github.com/Zac-McDonald/iCUE-Custom-Game-Integration

Legion2:

https://github.com/Legion2/open-cue-service

https://github.com/Legion2/open-cue-cli

Earlier I mistakenly posted regarding the control, but you can release control with the following post request:

So pretty sweet stuff

Edited by hastegag
updates and correction

Having trouble installing the Open Cue Service, I've unzipped and tried running open-cue-service but an error occurs ... "The application to execute does not exist: 'C:\Users\Coffee\AppData\Local\Temp\.net\open-cue-service\oj2trrd3.uek\open-cue-service.dll'."

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I can confirm that the latest release (0.2.2) does not work. As workaround just delete the directory 'C:\Users\Coffee\AppData\Local\Temp\.net\open-cue-service\oj2trrd3.uek\' and then try again. I'm going to fix the cause and then release a new version.

• 2 weeks later...

Then separately, Legion2 has an interoperable command line interface, but I had some challenges getting Java SE to work properly. It seems even if you add JAVA_HOME in the environment variables, you still can't get it to point to the right directory where the Kotlin files are saved. I think once it works, it could be nice, but I can't help but feel the CLI doesn't need to be using java and could be run from a variety of scripting environments since it is just making calls to the service.

I created a new version of the CLI tool, which now doesn't require java anymore to be installed. Pre built versions are available for download in the GitHub Release https://github.com/Legion2/open-cue-cli/releases/latest.

• 7 months later...

Hi Legion2,

I'm trying to make use of the CLI. I have the service running after having configured the directories, appsettings, and priorities etc, but I can't seem to activate any profiles.

I have just one profile I want to activate (for now), my priorities.cfg just contains:

Default=1

And I have a Default.cueprofile file alongside it (exported from iCUE) in the GameSdkEffects/profiles directory.

When I run the command:

open-cue-cli profile activate Default

I get the error:

"Sdk Error occurred: ProfilesConfigurationProblem - problem related to profiles and priorities file"

Can you help me to figure out what I'm doing wrong please?

OK, I've just discovered that if I turn OFF the 'Enable SDK' option in iCUE settings, then I can perform the calls without error, but the actual profile doesn't seem to get applied, the LEDs continue as they were on whatever profile they were on.

The CLI reports that it has control in both cases - 'Enable SDK' ticked or not. When it's not ticked, there are no errors but it seems to have no effect, and when it is ticked, I get the error in my previous post.

Is 'Enable SDK' supposed to be checked, or not?

Enable SDK must be checked. But the priorities error simply means, in that directory, you need to add a priorities.cfg file, they are just like INI files that store key values, they look like this:

programming=254
MACROWARNING=8
ORANGE=245
GREEN=1
FC_Liberty=233
FC_LibertyBlue=232
FC_LibertyFlag=231

IIRC the numbers correspond to a priority, where one will override another if they are both active. also the numbers need to be lower than 255 (8bit). I think his readme may detail all that

Edited by hastegag
added a note