Corsair Community

iCue limited the amount of fan led's in Wallpaper Engine?

cyberscott1

Is there a software limit on how many LED fans can be lit up when using Wallpaper Engine with iCUE? I have a total of 10 Corsair QL Series fans that are connected through two Lighting Core Pros. One of the Cores has 4 LED fans connected and the other has 6 LED fans connected. The one with four shows all working and changing color based on the wallpaper used. The Core with six LED fans connected will only light up the first four in sequence, leaving ports five and six not lit. The two not lit do show up in iCUE software as connected but not lit. Almost seems that Wallpaper Engine's software can't see past four fans in each Lighting Node Core, limiting the total to eight fans being lit.

I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling both software with no change. I am running the latest versions of both software along with the current firmware of the Corsair products. Also, Enable SDK and Enable plugins are ticked in iCUE.

I did reach out to Wallpaper Engine's developer and he responded with the following:

"There is no limit imposed by Wallpaper Engine itself. The problem is the iCUE SDK as far as we know.

Please let Corsair know that they need to update the iCUE SDK so programs like Wallpaper Engine can use all LEDs. For some reason it looks like Corsair doesn't support as many LEDs in the SDK as in iCUE itself.

We have already asked them of course, but it would be good if anyone being restricted by this limitation would message them so they can see how it's affecting some users."

So, I've made this post to let Corsair know. Any help would be appreciated! :biggrin:

• 6 months later...
Yeah lots of apps limited because of the SDK, for instance the music apps like RGBsync don't detect all devices which is because of what the SDK exposes.... It's all the more frustrating because Corsair has nothing built into iCUE to allow music and light syncing. They do for a couple devices but not for your whole setup.

i'm having same exact issues as OP.

6 QL120 on one node core + 3 LL120 on a separate node core..wallpaper engine only detects 3 QL and 3 LL..the rest of the QLs remain unlit..

any solutions yet?

please, check the latest beta version of WallpaperEngine (v1.3.176 or higher), it should address the issue.