Corsair Community

I've got a brand new Corsair K95 RGB Platinum and basically the same problem...

at some point, I try to lower the volume via the wheel and it suddenly goes up to 100 with no way of turning it down, even if I use my mouse to directly drag the Windows audio output. It just turns back to 100%.

If I close iCue my keyboard becomes completely unresponsive.

When I open iCue again after that it only shows the device with a red warning sign & I can't access it.

I then have to unplug it & plug it back in and everything's fine.

@support I'd very much like to know when there'll be a permanent fix implemented in iCue, because last time it happened was the middle of the night & I'm pretty sure my neighbours were woken up by my music suddenly blaring at 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi corsair, same issue here. How about a response? it's been years and years. $170 corsair mk2 white edition. There are FAR better options at this price point, if i knew the volume scroll was going to lock my keyboard out i would never have purchased this. lets see how good your RMA service is.

Same issue here! I bought k70 mk2 SE and m65 elite mouse 2 weeks ago. Keyboard stopped working randomly when I use the scroll wheel and the volume went up to 100 or went down to zero. And also the mouse stopped working randomly like the k70. Corsair helps pls......

• 2 weeks later...

hi, guys!

I'm with you! k70 MK.2

It's impossible to use this volume wheel. - additionaly I have mouse freezes while sound volume changes.

chrome://flags media keys, 1000\500\250\125 hz, plug\unplug\any usb port - no matter.

CORSAIR!!! WHAT WRONG WITH YOU??? WHY NO FIX AND NO ANSWER for years???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

If the issue is not resolved through RMA, we would need to see your iCUE logs. You can export them in the settings tab of iCUE, and at the bottom of the window, click "Export". You'll need to attach the log to your existing ticket, or if you don't have one, create a ticket on our support site:

https://support.corsair.com/

From there our support team will be able forward the information to our development team for analysis. In the mean time, if you're using a docking station, USB hub, or KVM, try disconnecting the keyboard from it and plug directly into the back of the motherboard. Also make sure your USB drivers are up to date with the latest from the motherboard manufacturer and try using different USB stacks on the back of the motherboard.

If the issue is not resolved through RMA, we would need to see your iCUE logs. You can export them in the settings tab of iCUE, and at the bottom of the window, click "Export". You'll need to attach the log to your existing ticket, or if you don't have one, create a ticket on our support site:

https://support.corsair.com/

From there our support team will be able forward the information to our development team for analysis. In the mean time, if you're using a docking station, USB hub, or KVM, try disconnecting the keyboard from it and plug directly into the back of the motherboard. Also make sure your USB drivers are up to date with the latest from the motherboard manufacturer and try using different USB stacks on the back of the motherboard.

@Corsair Nick

Mine is older than 2 years. Can it be fixed under RMA warrenty then?

Edited by KHdV

• 2 months later...

I am experiencing the same issue with my Corsair K70 MK.2 RAPIDFIRE mechanical keyboard. Either up to 100% or to 0%, depending which way I scroll.

Not every time it happens, but still - it should NEVER happen, NEVER!

Just encountered this at 2:30 AM, volume went to 100%, hope my neighbors are OK.

And this is actually not funny at all. Paying a premium price and having such an issue, which turned out to be not addressed for years.

Quite disappointing...

• 2 months later...

Same problem on 2 different K95 RGB Platinum (the first was returned to shop).

Connected to usb port on Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (i tested both usb 3.0, 3.1 and 2.0 port). Random issue. The keyboard stop workin but the lighting profile is ok.

1) Corsair sent me a new firmware: USELESS (no other suggestion from support)

2) Gigabyte asked me to update bios: USELES (no other suggestion from support)

3) Setting polling to 125hz/8ms: OK but unacceptable (any other polling setting no effect)

4) iCUE disabled: OK but unacceptable

5) Tested on a pcie usb card in Gigabite X570 Aorus Elite: OK

6) Tested on a different PC (old Acer mediacenter with iCUE installed): OK

7) NO ISSUE with any other device connected to usb port of Gigabyte

8) Corsair/Gigabyte proposed RMA: USELESS, same problem with 2 different keyboards, no issue on another PC and no issue with any other device on Gigabyte's usb port

"OK" meaning: I tested the keyboard with 7 minutes of continuous scrolling on the volume wheel.

Final Thoughts

I am currently using the pcie usb card.

Corsair/Gigabyte support quite useless.

I hope future fimware/bios update will solve the issue.

Edited by meravigliato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am experiencing the same issue with my Corsair K70 MK.2 RAPIDFIRE mechanical keyboard. Either up to 100% or to 0%, depending which way I scroll.

Not every time it happens, but still - it should NEVER happen, NEVER!

Just encountered this at 2:30 AM, volume went to 100%, hope my neighbors are OK.

And this is actually not funny at all. Paying a premium price and having such an issue, which turned out to be not addressed for years.

Quite disappointing...

This exact thing happened to me last night around 3 am. Suddenly the video I was watching went from 10% Volume to 100% volume and at the same time my keyboard froze, luckily I was able to stop the video before the sound kicked in. But Jesus Christ, I never had these issues with $20 keyboards. Why would this happen on a premium keyboard? I have had my keyboard less than 3 months and this has happened about 10 times since purchasing it. Last night it happened twice.

Reset keyboard, reinstalled software, different ports etc. etc.. This is HARDWARE FAILURE.

• 1 month later...

Well, I got my K70 MK.2 today, and till this date, Corsair never fixed this. What a dissapointment. I'm runnig latest firmware, and the new ugly iCUE 4.xx version.

This is unacceptable. Corsair left us alone with this issue. >:-(

PS: does anyone sent the iCUE log to support?

EDIT: I opened a Ticket with Logs and details. Let's see what have to say Corsair.

Edited by caqo

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue too, it had happened to me for 7 times today. The volume either went up or down all the way while the keyboard froze (RGB was still on but no keyboard response). Currently I'm using the 500ms polling rate and that kind of fixes it for now. I will let y'all know if it starts acting up again in the future.

Still no official solution from Corsair yet lol?

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just had this happen for the first time ever on a K70.  Drove me nuts, I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I've used this keyboard for years without this issue, and out of nowhere, using the volume wheel froze up the entire keyboard and maxed my volume.  Blew out my ears because I had headphones in.  I couldn't turn it down.

Unplugging the USB end of the keyboard fixed it, but this is just ridiculous.

I'm only using this keyboard because the K55 wireless also just stopped working and having all kinds of firmware issues.

These two keyboards are the last Corsair products I will ever buy.  Ever.  ICUE is a nightmare and every product of theirs I've ever owned, with the exception of power supplies, just malfunctions entirely too randomly.

I had dozens of Microsoft and Logitech keyboards before this and never, ever, ever had a problem.

I'm trying to enjoy my evening and instead I'm on this stupid forum for the third time with some mysterious issue that I'm SURE is related to some stupid ICUE firmware.  

• 10 months later...

ITS NOVEMBER 2023 ABOUT TO BE 2024 AND THIS ISSUE IS STIL HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My keybaord just crashed (always) crashes when im messing with the volume. just now i was playing a song, cranked it, and the keyboard froze. the song was crazy loud and I couldn't turn it down. FIX THIS ISSUE CORSAIR!!!!!!!!!!!