Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum XT bad white calibration

RustyBender

I bought K95 RGB Platinum XT to replace my K70 RGB MK2 and I'm very happy with the K95 but the only issue that I have is the fact that pure white has a lot of red in it, I never had this issue with my K70, white looked fantastic but on K95, it's a really pinkish white, and I'm using the same profile as my K70, and this problems stands out even more when I have my scimitar elite next to the K95. Every other colour looks fine except white. My setup is white so is my PC case and so on so this is kinda importand to me. Anyone else had this issue and if so, are there are fixes out there?

You have PBT keycaps on the XT. That will change the lighting transmission. The LEDs underneath are the same as every other Corsair K70/K95 keyboard.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know why I didn't try this but I swapped a keycap from K70 onto my K95 and the white is perfect.

I plan to sell the K70 so I can't swap the keycaps because the font and the positoning of letters is slightly different between the two so the only option I have is it to look into a set of keycaps for K95

After doing little bit of research, I'm not the only one with this issue: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=983381

Edited by RustyBender

I think the thread you referenced is related to something else. It pre-dates the XT and its double shot keycaps. They are supposed to feel stronger and are definitely more resilient than the standard ABS plastic. The downside is if you make the material twice as thick, less light will come through and the material itself alters the coloring slightly. White is the most obvious, but all colors will be slightly reduced in intensity compared to the exact same keyboard with ABS keys.

Before you go ripping it apart further, you might check out prices for the K95 Platinum (no XT suffix). It's the same keyboard with ABS plastic, 3 HW profile slots (instead of 5), and a standard plastic wrist rest. It also can be found for $50-70 less since the XT arrived. If you are not immediately noticing the difference in typing on the ABD vs PBT double shot keycaps, then they might not be for you anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply. I don't know why I didn't try this but I swapped a keycap from K70 onto my K95 and the white is perfect.

I plan to sell the K70 so I can't swap the keycaps because the font and the positoning of letters is slightly different between the two so the only option I have is it to look into a set of keycaps for K95

After doing little bit of research, I'm not the only one with this issue: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=983381

You do know that the PBT dual shots are way more durable, like there is no paint that peels off?

Kind of the reason to buy an XT model over the regular to begin with.

Edited by Mineria

you might check out prices for the K95 Platinum (no XT suffix). It's the same keyboard with ABS plastic, 3 HW profile slots (instead of 5), and a standard plastic wrist rest.

Just got the K95 Platinum keyboard and mine came with a very nice wrist rest, made out of some kinda rubber coated magnet? It has a silky feel on one side that I adore. I've never seen a rest like this before on any keyboard. Just sayin. :sunglasse

Yeah, there has been a lot of lust for that wrist rest. I got offers on mine the first day since I don't use it and I know others who pushed their K95P to the shelf just to get the padded rest on the XT. Probably time for another "Corsair please sell this as an accessory" thread.