Corsair Community

Updated Commander Pro for Capellix AIO's ?

Dicehunter

Currently I own a Commander Pro and it's very useful, I have my H150i and my RMi PSU also plugged into the USB ports for monitoring and controlling.

Is there any chance you may bring out a version of the Commander Pro, With 2 x USB ports, That also has the 24 pin for the Capellix ?

I do want to get one of the new Capellix equipped coolers but don't want to forgo the USB header functionality of the Commander Pro which is useful for monitoring RMi PSU stats.

Also maybe increase the amount of fans w/LED's we can attach to it as a fair few people, Myself included, Have upwards of 8 x Corsair RGB fans.

Rough example -

mXaGbfU.png?1

Edited by Dicehunter

• 2 weeks later...

Even old-school "Molex" is only 5.5A.

You can double that figure actually, it's over 10A with 16awg wire.

That's for the connector end. I don't know what the ATX spec is tho.

What would concern me the most isn't the power supply to this beast but the power delivery to the fans, since Corsair already underspec'd the transistors on the current CoPro.

If they beefed these up to drive 3 or 4 fans per socket with splitters, there wouldn't be a need for that many sockets. After all, even on cases with lots of fans like Obsidians or O11s, we use them in banks of 3 or 4 with no need for individual control.

That would leave space to double the RGB headers.

What i'd rather see is fans you can daisy chain instead of using RGB fan hubs. These create an epic mess of a clutter. It's a monstruosity that begs to dissapear :) and no more limit of 6 fans for effect cycle.

What i'd rather see is fans you can daisy chain instead of using RGB fan hubs. These create an epic mess of a clutter. It's a monstruosity that begs to dissapear :) and no more limit of 6 fans for effect cycle.

The problem here is that the Molex SL series connectors that are used for the fans only support up to 3A per connector (and only with 24/22 AWG wire). You'd not even get 6 LL or QL fans with that as your limit.

Ah yea, i was talking of the main molex power connector ^^

Where would still be a LED count limit on each chain from the controller. QL fans are the worst offenders but people using LLs or fans with even less would be able to do a whole tower with one connector.

But if they went that route, they would spec a connector that would allow that amount of current. there's also the problem of voltage drop with long 5V runs, but in a computer case it may not be noticeable yet.

Lots of possibilities still.