Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 07:51 PM
PJH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988894
PJH Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
I'm having the same issue - I tried the Vengeance Pro RGB RAM in my ASUS X99 system. Two different BIOS, 3 different versions of iCUE - still not showing up. Doesn't show up in AURA either. And yes, SPD Write is enabled in BIOS.

Tried the same RAM in a completely different system (AMD B350 ASUS board) and it doesn't show up in iCUE there either.

There's something screwed up here.
Hey, hey!

X99 boards are not supported.

Not sure why the attachment is not showing up, but here is confirmation from Corsair about it in the link.

https://i.imgur.com/dJy4L20.jpg

Last edited by PJH; 01-08-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:38 PM
SlowGTi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989556
SlowGTi Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo88 View Post
I have the same problem here open up a ticket a week ago and still hasn't been resolved. Im not sure if the issues is with asus or corsair downgrade the bios version 4024 and seem to work just fine but Version 4207 doesn't seem to like it I think we are just going to have to wait for a update.
If you updated BIOS try rolling it back after I did that on my Crosshair VI hero it showed in iCue

Old 01-12-2019, 10:22 PM
RiverM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989574
RiverM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverM View Post
Which BIOS version do you have? I have the same motherboard and close RAM, 3000C15 model. The RAM RGB would not light up with the latest 4207 BIOS unless I first put the RAM into my B250 PC where it lights up fine and then transfer it to my X470 PC, where it will light up with the lighting profile in the B250 PC but is not shown in iCUE and cannot change the lighting profile. Eventually the RGB will go out after making BIOS adjustments and reboots.

However, the RAM RGB had full control and was seen in iCUE in my X470 PC when using BIOS version 4018 while keeping the latest 18.10.20.02 chipset drivers. Rolling back to BIOS 4018 brings back to AGESA 1002a, where AGESA 1006 entered in BIOS 4204.

TL:DR
-BIOS 4207 will offer improvements for memory configurations (AGESA 1006 support) among other system improvements, but likely won't show the RGB RAM in iCUE, thus no RGB control.

-BIOS 4018 (AGESA 1002a support) will offer full RGB RAM control.
The latest release of iCUE, version 3.11.114, is now showing Vengeance RGB Pro RAM on the ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard running the latest ASUS BIOS, V-4207. Upon updating the iCUE software moments ago the RAM is now in sync with all my other Corsair devices. Thank you Corsair iCUE team.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. After a couple of reboots the RAM is not showing up in iCUE but the RAM is still lit, but back to the previous lighting profile setup in an older BIOS version. :/

Last edited by RiverM; 01-12-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:05 PM
aujagor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989753
aujagor Reputation: 10

Having a similar issue with my Crosshair Hero VII Wifi. Issue is compounded, I believe, due to being afflicted by the iCue/CPUID crash issue as well:

Latest BIOS versions lock out Vengeance Pro RGB control completely. They don't even show up in iCue. Tried rolling back to 0804, as many were stating that version worked for them. Worked for a bit, then back to crash issues (black screening.) Per the black screen threads, renamed the CPUID dll's in iCue, then they went away again. Guessing that the RAM is controlled via CPUID, which would explain it disappearing as soon as I rename those dll's.

If I had to choose, of course I'd rather have a stable system than controllable RGB RAM (especially since I have one stick that seems to randomly lag behind the rest, not much, but enough to send my OCD into overdrive.) That being said, if I could get both to work I would be a very happy camper indeed.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:04 PM
zstoichev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990285
zstoichev Reputation: 10

Having a similar issue with my ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wifi. BIOS rolling back to 1002 has resolved it. both 1103 and new 1201 do not show RAM in iCUE. But it must be addressed; not sure in iCUE or BIOS.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Jasp88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990544
Jasp88 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstoichev View Post
Having a similar issue with my ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wifi. BIOS rolling back to 1002 has resolved it. both 1103 and new 1201 do not show RAM in iCUE. But it must be addressed; not sure in iCUE or BIOS.
Thanks! Had the same issue, but thanks to your reply, mine is working now aswell :)

Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 PM

POST ID # = 990576
travis8814 Reputation: 10

Same problem here ASUS PRIME X470-PRO. Older versions show the ram up in ICUE. Newest bios (4207) doesn't show the ram in ASUS AURA or CORSAIR ICUE. There is no DRAM SPD Write option (not sure if this has to do with it).

This really will be a problem in the future, especially with the 3rd gen Ryzens coming out (meaning it will require the latest BIOS to be able to handle the new CPU's with these motherboards).

I've created a ticket through CORSAIR and ASUS for this.

Last edited by travis8814; 01-19-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:13 PM

POST ID # = 990918
Cpt.Planet Reputation: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis8814 View Post
Same problem here ASUS PRIME X470-PRO. Older versions show the ram up in ICUE. Newest bios (4207) doesn't show the ram in ASUS AURA or CORSAIR ICUE. There is no DRAM SPD Write option (not sure if this has to do with it).

This really will be a problem in the future, especially with the 3rd gen Ryzens coming out (meaning it will require the latest BIOS to be able to handle the new CPU's with these motherboards).

I've created a ticket through CORSAIR and ASUS for this.
It's something that AMD changed in the base code of the bios. Corsair knows the issue and is working on it.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:48 PM
gruff82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991030
gruff82 Reputation: 10

Am having the same problem after updating to latest bios on asus strixx b450i. Icue can no longer detect my vengeance rgb pro.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:58 PM
sonndamo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992972
sonndamo Reputation: 10

I built my system with the ROG Crosshair Hero 7 about 4 months ago, tried updating to 1103 and the new 1201. Each time iCue fails to detect the RAM. I know someone mentioned Corsair has been working on it but given this afflicted 1103 as well this has been going on for sometime very curious how long it will take to address

Old 02-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Evilsea's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993195
Evilsea Reputation: 10
Default Bios update

Had the above problems with latest Asus bios update. Reverted back to 4024 and all is good.This was on a X370F board.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:04 AM
RiverM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995620
RiverM Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

As of 19/2/25, the latest iCUE update to 3.13.94 is now showing Vengeance RGB Pro RAM on the ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING motherboard with latest V-4207 BIOS from 18/12. Thank you Corsair and iCUE team.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:31 AM
DubSteve68's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995769
DubSteve68 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
Hey, hey!

X99 boards are not supported.

Not sure why the attachment is not showing up, but here is confirmation from Corsair about it in the link.

https://i.imgur.com/dJy4L20.jpg
That's not quite true.

The RGB PRO works fine on my Asus X99 Deluxe II, just as long as BCLK is at 100MHz (and SPD_WRITE is enabled of course). If you enable XMP and the BCLK is forced to 125MHz then iCUE loses communication with the DIMMs.

The workaround is disable XMP and ensure your BCLK is at the standard 100MHz, iCUE will then detect your DIMMs, set the lighting configuration you want and then re-enable XMP.

The only issue I found beyond that is animated lighting effects go out of sync between DIMMs in the absence of iCUE, but if you set a static lighting config there are no sync issues.

Alternatively, I found that putting the four DIMMs in the first four physical slots to the left of the CPU socket (as opposed to the first four logical slots which are grey) would allow iCUE to see and control the DIMMs. Downsides to this are it's an unsupported configuration according to Intel, and theres a good chance the RAM is only running in dual-channel mode. Not exactly the end of the world but I didn't buy a kit of four just to run in dual-channel mode.

As for the BIOS revision, I've wound back to the last 2017 version (pre Spectre/Meltdown) to see if any further issues appeared. Everything still works just as well as with the latest BIOS. Obviously the system is potentially vulnerable to these exploits but that's easier to live with than the performance hit introduced by the updated/patched BIOS (this system can be nuked and fully restored in under half an hour, a minor inconvenience if the system does actually fall victim).

Last edited by DubSteve68; 02-27-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Kazihel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004787
Kazihel Reputation: 10
Default FIX (maybe)

I was having the same issue of getting the ram lighting to work with icue. I accidentally found a solution that worked for me and might work for anyone else who is having this problem. My motherboard (Asrock B365M Pro4) does not allow you to enable SPD Write, so this is where I (and probably a lot of others) ran into problems. iCue knows you have ram in the dashboard, but wont let you get to the rgb customization. It recognizes my H115i ALO just fine though. My GPU is the Gigabyte varient of the RTX 2060, and the logo is rgb so naturally I downloaded the RGB Fusion software for gigabyte

This is where the fix comes in. When going through and setting up the rgb for my GPU, I noticed my ram was there. Funny enough, I can customize my RGB CORSAIR ram through GIGABYTE'S software. So if you cant get your ram to be detected in the iCue software, try out the Gigabyte software and it might be there. Sucks I cant get it synced, but at least I can get it to the colors that I want in static or effects.

Hope this helped some of you out, I've been trying to get this to work for hours and figured others are doing the same. Good luck finding another fix if this one doesnt work for you

Old 07-05-2019, 04:58 PM
acemaninwa871's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010393
acemaninwa871 Reputation: 10
Default Rampage v extreme icue not seeing ram.

After ordering a second set of this ram (CMW32GX4M4C3000C15) for my wifes computer, she has a Rampage V extreme mb. Nothing I did would make icue see this ram and let me configure the LED's. I enabled the SPD function in the bios, enabled and disabled xmp. Did everything the forum said to do. But absolutely nothing worked. Then I read a post about a guy who removed his ram, installed it in a friends computer and was able to see it in the icue software, configured the LED's and then reinstalled it in his computer, and it not only did the LED's work the way he wanted, but now icue saw the ram. So since I had two sets of this ram, I decided to swap it from my computer (which the LED's were configured) to my wifes. Well low and behold not only did the LED's flow the way I wanted, but icue now saw the ram. I am not sure why this is. I then installed my the new ram I purchased for my wife into my computer (rampage VI extreme Omega) and was able to see it and configure it as normal.

So it appears that in some cases if you can install the ram in a different computer and configure the LED's, you can then remove it and put it back in the computer it failed to recognize the ram in the icue software, and it should now see it. I am not saying this is a fix for all scenario's, but it might work for some. Hopefully this helps someone out there.

Tags
rgb, vengeance pro rgb