Corsair Community

RMi 750 and 4+8 pin CPU power

Mikuni

Hi, I'm building a new PC for a friend with an Asus Z490 board which has 4+8 pins for CPU power. I Initially thought of a RMi 750 for the PSU but I read it does not have the extra 4-pin power. Is there another RMi model with it or a similarly specced-priced (Corsair) alternative?

0f12ce8f-ba3b-469f-9c15-a5b1381ac0c1.thumb.jpg.46f1e5ef81b96713d524db51b999ab4b.jpg

One option you have, (others will chime in here with other options), is to go ahead and get that RM750i you have already selected. Then if it doesn't come with the cables you need (I haven't researched so can't be certain) you have the option of purchasing from Cablemod.

Below is what I have just checked as being an option for that power RM750i supply.

5iyH4Tl.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I'm building a new PC for a friend with an Asus Z490 board which has 4+8 pins for CPU power. I Initially thought of a RMi 750 for the PSU but I read it does not have the extra 4-pin power. Is there another RMi model with it or a similarly specced-priced (Corsair) alternative?

RM850i has two EPS12V 4+4 cables.

But, like @JonKrmr said, you don't need both connectors on the motherboard unless you're doing some pretty extreme overclocking.

If having them both populated just makes you feel better, you can buy an additional cable here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-8-pin-%284%2B4%29-ATX12V-EPS12V-Cable%2C-compatible-with-all-CORSAIR-type-4-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920141

EDIT: I see you in OZ. Try going to the regionalized Corsair website for your country and search for "CP-8920141".

Edited by jonnyguru