Corsair Community

Wallpaper Engine Synchronization Issues

RBB24

Hello, Corsair Peeps!

Bought a few Corsair products for my very first PC build back in 2018, and I'm very happy with the quality of everything. I was even more happy when I just recently discovered that Wallpaper Engine was a thing, and a thing that was teaming up with iCUE for cool audio visualizing wallpapers. Seemed too good to be true!

I suppose in my case it is :( I've tried figuring out how to fix the issue with the RGB visualized lighting, but haven't found a solution. I know that there are solutions such as enabling SDK, enabling iCUE settings in Wallpaper Engine, and setting WE's priority as lower than iCUE's. All of those things have been done, but the same issue still persists. Basically what's happening is iCUE's RGB settings are being prioritized over the WE's iCUE RGB settings. Basically, what I mean is that right now, I'm using the AudiOrbits 2.0 Wallpaper that has iCUE settings enabled, but the iCUE program's RGB settings of VOID Visualizer and Lighting Link are taking priority over the nice subtle visualizing RGB that AudiOrbits has for my K68 RGB, H100i Pro RGB and Corsair Vengeance RGB.

I have been able to get the Wallpaper Engine's visualizer working from time to time, but I don't know exactly how I've been doing it because the process has been different each time, I believe. Also, it always reverts back to iCUE's RGB settings, either after awhile, restarting the computer, or waking it from sleep mode.

If anybody knows of any ways to solve this, please let me know. I don't mind having the Void Visualizer, but I prefer the full RGB integration of AudiOrbits and other Wallpaper Engine visualizing wallpapers.

Edited by RBB24

I just toyed with it in latest of both icue and wpe. Seems to stop working when chrome is active by way of example and also when WPE is active window. Also I had to re set rainbow audio bars. It didn't used to act like that, but WPE has updated a lot and perhaps not so reliably. I am also not as much of a fan of the volume dependence. It used to behave differently, so I dont think it is just you...

my fault, I saw this just now, totally fixed some of the issues for me. RAM still just shows solid or ambient overall (seems poorly integrated by WPE at the moment but I havent look at that part of the SDK yet) so anyways check this out, you can pause WPE when there is a maximized application in settings. I didnt remember that:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/discussions/1/3315110799625808084/

but it worked for me