Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE pump really annoying/loud (videos inside)

AndiCandy

Hi, Ive just installed the AIO 2 days ago and the pump is annoyingly loud it makes like a rattling noise when on "quiet" setting, I suspect theres air in. The sounds stop as soon as I lay my PC on the side and the AIO is dead quiet, but thats not a long term solution obviously. I also definitely hear it through my headphones.

Now the rattling sound only occurs when I have the "Quiet" profile enabled in iCue. As soon as I turn on balanced or extreme the sound is gone but the high pitched whining is a bit annoying

Day 1 sounds: https://streamable.com/971xn

Day 2 sounds: https://streamable.com/n3dlv

Ive read that you should give it a couple days, but today the noise hasnt really improved all that much.

Solutions suggestions Ive tried:

- taking the cpu block off again and shaking it (pc was turned off tho)

- gentley tapping the radiator to loosen air bubbles

- turning my pc upside down (pc was on)

My friend bought the same cooler but his is dead quiet.

Any more suggestions/any help? Thanks guys!

I don't know how you have it orientated, but you need to get the inlet/outlet hoses above the CPU block for a bit. Lying it on its back may move the bubbles above the section of the block eliminating the noise, but it doesn't always get to flow out of the CPU block and that is the goal. For most people with the CPU block logo right side up, this means lifting the front end of the case. You may need to fiddle with the angle a bit, but this should take minutes and not hours. Try turning the pump to Extreme prior to the lift to create the most fluid pressure possible.

Since the noise abated when you put it on its back before, it is pretty certain this is a bubble issue and not something mechanical. Those types of issues do not care about your pump or case position.

I don't know how you have it orientated, but you need to get the inlet/outlet hoses above the CPU block for a bit. Lying it on its back may move the bubbles above the section of the block eliminating the noise, but it doesn't always get to flow out of the CPU block and that is the goal. For most people with the CPU block logo right side up, this means lifting the front end of the case. You may need to fiddle with the angle a bit, but this should take minutes and not hours. Try turning the pump to Extreme prior to the lift to create the most fluid pressure possible.

Since the noise abated when you put it on its back before, it is pretty certain this is a bubble issue and not something mechanical. Those types of issues do not care about your pump or case position.

Thanks I'll try this tomorrow, here's a Pic how I installed it. I'll report back tomorrow!

IMG_20200111_022845.thumb.jpg.8baf2e966d81ce519e3ff0462d7980e7.jpg

Edited by AndiCandy

That’s the idea. You shouldn’t need to leave it that way for more than a few minutes. It’s kind of like that old game where you steer the marble across the board, avoiding the holes. You are trying to coax the bubbles out of the block. They should release when the angle and position is right, but they may require some careful tilting and maneuvering on your end.

That’s the idea. You shouldn’t need to leave it that way for more than a few minutes. It’s kind of like that old game where you steer the marble across the board, avoiding the holes. You are trying to coax the bubbles out of the block. They should release when the angle and position is right, but they may require some careful tilting and maneuvering on your end.

hard to tell when i get it right tho :( thanks for the quick replys

The static clicks should stop when the angle is right. Let it down and they should gone. Sadly, trial and error is all you can do. With clear cpu blocks you can see them, but it still requires the gymnastics.

unfortunately it didnt work :/ i think ill just RMA it