Corsair Community

ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*

Hey all! Loving that this was added!!

Hoping someone can help me with a little issue i do have. So before with using Asus Aura for mobo settings, I had it set when my computer would go to sleep/turn off the mobo lighting would shut off instead of staying on.

I have the plug-in added and the mobo working with ICUE now (odd thing i had to remove the lighting service file from Asus to get it to work)

The issue is, now i have no way to change the lighting when the computer is asleep/off. As there is no setting in ICUE for this and the mobo will default to the color change lighting.

Is there any work around for this? or am i stuck not being able to change the settings while the computer is asleep/off

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

ICUE / Aura / plug-in all latest updates

Well not sure what is going on but it seems that even though icue loads up the proper lighting effect for the mobo somehow asus armory crate regains control after a few minutes and reverts back to its original lighting settings.

Does anyone have any ideas as what I can do to prevent this or just sit and wait due to this being beta ?

Edited by benzite

I found some problems with my TUF X570 GAMING PLUS:

- Some iCue effects aren't shown correctly,

- Asus Plugin makes crash iCue when launching a game (Fortnite in my case),

- Mobo is sometimes not detected in iCue, I need to reboot my computer for it to be,

- Mobo takes sometimes a long time to be detected in the iCue software.

Look forward to the next updates!

- Asus Plugin makes crash iCue when launching a game (Fortnite in my case),

- Mobo takes sometimes a long time to be detected in the iCue software.

I have the same issues with my Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) however with a different game (Rainbow Six Siege in my case)

for the first one, my guess is that in Aura settings there's an option for "In game effects" that's enabled in order to have iCUE working and without it no sync between iCUE and the motherboard

Edited by GoLLuM-13

Dropped in to say it works with the Asus TUF GAMING X570 (non-PLUS version) as far as controlling the motherboard's built-in LEDs goes (3 zones).

The ARGB header however doesn't show up on the page, which is a real bummer because it's the only piece of LED controlled outside the app I have left in the system.

Any clue whether I'm doing something wrong or it's simply being under development? I tried uninstalling Asus' Aura software as well as having their services stopped, with no luck.

tuf-x570-no-rgb.png

image uploading site

Hey, hey!

No 5v ARGB header support at this time.

Dropped in to say it works with the Asus TUF GAMING X570 (non-PLUS version) as far as controlling the motherboard's built-in LEDs goes (3 zones).

The ARGB header however doesn't show up on the page, which is a real bummer because it's the only piece of LED controlled outside the app I have left in the system.

Any clue whether I'm doing something wrong or it's simply being under development? I tried uninstalling Asus' Aura software as well as having their services stopped, with no luck.

tuf-x570-no-rgb.png

image uploading site

Confirmed working on Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi), albeit some extreme conflict with Aura. (never open Aura ever, it will take control and never give it back)

Any update on the plugin? excited to control DRAM and ARGB with iCue

I have the same issues with my Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) however with a different game (Rainbow Six Siege in my case)

for the first one, my guess is that in Aura settings there's an option for "In game effects" that's enabled in order to have iCUE working and without it no sync between iCUE and the motherboard

It's not a software issue, just the iCue effects for the mobo are "cheap" and non-representative of their names, maybe because there is too few RGB on it

It's not a software issue, just the iCue effects for the mobo are "cheap" and non-representative of their names, maybe because there is too few RGB on it

While I agree that the motherboard lacks of LEDs compared to any Corsair device, there is certainly a software issue that is causing "the crash", we are in beta after all. What makes me say this, is that the normal behavior should be as following: the selected effect works in an infinite loop and doesn't get stuck at some point just because I launched a game or an application.

Note that after having crashed, the application closes by itself just by pointing the cursor on its icon in the taskbar and it is often enough to relaunch the application to make it work again

Hi everyone! I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING, AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro running Windows 7 64-bit. ICUE sees the motherboard, but can not change the lighting.

iCUE 3.24.52

AURA 1.07.79

ASUS Plugin 1.0.4.0

Hopefully this is helpful/works for you.

Also ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming motherboard, Ryzen 2700x, Vengeance RGB (non-Pro) setup.

With the AUROA software I have to leave the Motherboard RGB ON, not off. Otherwise I experience the same symptom where iCUE doesn't seem to control it and it remains off. I leave the Memory and everything else OFF in iCUE. If I leave any of it on, there's the obvious conflict and nothing works right.

I think with AURA having the Motherboard OFF, iCUE just can't control it for some reason. If you leave it on though and restart iCUE services - start cycling profiles and making changes and it should take affect. Just spent a couple hours trying to figure out what was going on and was able to reproduce getting it to work.

B450-F GAMING

1. AURA: MOTHERBOARD ON, RAM & RGB STRIPS OFF
  2. RESTART iCUE

Hope that works for you.

Hi all new here.

I'm getting my build pulled together, Asus Prime x570 pro

Case is fractal meshify C

I had bought G Skill Trident Z Neo but I heard it doesn't work well w/ this integration. I wanted to buy in addition 2x 140mm fans for the front (LL140) and 1x120 for the rear (LL120) plus a few RGB strips.

Will this allo wthe g skill ram to work also or do i need to swap for Corsair Vengeance?

Hi all new here.

I'm getting my build pulled together, Asus Prime x570 pro

Case is fractal meshify C

I had bought G Skill Trident Z Neo but I heard it doesn't work well w/ this integration. I wanted to buy in addition 2x 140mm fans for the front (LL140) and 1x120 for the rear (LL120) plus a few RGB strips.

Will this allo wthe g skill ram to work also or do i need to swap for Corsair Vengeance?

this topic is about asus motherboard integration into iCue. Not about different RAM brand integrations. You're way beyond the scope of this topic. But no, it won't work. You'll need to use the G.Skill software or swap to corsair memory for it to be detected into iCue.

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching and looking thru the posts here but didn't see anything.

I download the plugin and iCUE saw my motherboard, then I noticed that the MB is not longer controlled with iCUE or Showing up in the Home Screen.

I have tried reloading the software and the plugin but I still cant get it to work.

Does anyone have other ideas? maybe something go turned off? I'm running all the latest drivers and software for iCUE and AURA.

thanks for the help...

this topic is about asus motherboard integration into iCue. Not about different RAM brand integrations. You're way beyond the scope of this topic. But no, it won't work. You'll need to use the G.Skill software or swap to corsair memory for it to be detected into iCue.

Ok, I mean the point is that icue and asus integration enables RGB sync between the two environments, right? And Asus mobo would control the RAM normally, but once you set this integration up, it overtakes the Asus Aura basically right, so now the G Skill ram will no longer sync up. That's why I asked it here.

Hey, hey!

Then at this point, you need to make a choice.

Allow AuraSync to control your G.Skill memory and use iCUE as a separate installation for any Corsair products rather than using the ASUS < - > iCUE integration.

Or use the ASUS < - > iCUE integration and look to purchase Corsair RAM in the future; be satisfied with no G.Skill RGB control but enjoy the ASUS < - > iCUE integration (ASUS brands and CORSAIR brands).

Ok, I mean the point is that icue and asus integration enables RGB sync between the two environments, right? And Asus mobo would control the RAM normally, but once you set this integration up, it overtakes the Asus Aura basically right, so now the G Skill ram will no longer sync up. That's why I asked it here.

this topic is about Asus sync working together with iCue, asking about different RAM is on topic since Asus sync controls RAM

this topic is about Asus sync working together with iCue, asking about different RAM is on topic since Asus sync controls RAM

You probably missed the title of this topic "ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*" which is in the "Motherboard Integration" section :D:

You probably also missed the first post stating this :

"As you saw from our CES 2020 announcement, we are now in a partnership to allow for their motherboard RGB lighting zones to be integrated in iCUE. This means that Aura Sync compatible motherboards will now appear in iCUE and allow all of their zones of lighting to be configurable together with your other iCUE-support devices. As part of this reveal, we will start the beta so you can get your hands on early access to start playing with the feature."

He's clearly talking about RGB lighting zones on the motherboard, which RAM sticks are not. ;):

I wish the option you were talking about is available, but unless there is a universal protocol or something like that, it probably never will be, because G.Skill is a direct competitor :[pouts:

Have a nice day :hihi: