Corsair Community

iCue Advertising

Paul S

A beta tester told me that there is the possibility that they will add an option to hide it. I'm sceptical if this comes to pass. At least I know now what game I would never buy.

I spent about €1000,- on Corsair hardware and have to look at this ad. From c-attacks PC specs I guess he spent several 1000 $. How much does Corsair want to hide the ad? 10,000 $, 100,000$?

TBH im getting really sick and tired of it all, we dont need any adverts whatsoever in our software, ive spent loads as well, my machine cost 1,700 uk pounds and counting, as if there isnt already enough ads all over the damn internet.

some people like myself RARELY play any games so game adverts are just another annoyance.

Look at it from a business perspective. It makes sense to tie in with a big game launch, also advertising the direct, game specific lighting feature they are trying to implement. Obviously some arrangement was made and it likely has a specific run time. No business would agree to cover someone else's advertising in perpetuity, so there is an end date. Just let it go a little while longer.

I checked the install and went through some of the configs and I didn't see anything that directly related to the banner or an image file. Now that I think about it, a file could be stored in the user directory and not where the base file is. There will be some type of mechanic that allows for this to easily be changed out and they won't have it hard coded. I did some google searches and did not find the image on google images for items relating to corsair icue and farcry5. Granted the Farcry5 banner doesn't bother me, I was more curious than anything else.

@c-attack: The Farcry5 banner will go away but it will be replaced by an other game. Also it's not only a Farcry ad but a Corsair ad too.

It's actually quite funny, I am Austrian (German speaking) and I run iCue in English. When I click on the banner it opens a Spanish (!) Corsair product site.

Archived