Corsair Community

iCUE & MSI Mystic Lighting

BevetS

I'm new to custom build with RGB etc. I have a Crystal 570X, Vengeance RGB and LL120 RGB. MSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic and Core Frozr XL CPU cooler - now running LL120 fans (2). Must I use both iCUE/LINK and MSI Mystic Lighting software to control the RGB LED lighting. Would like to run all REG through one lot of software.

I'm new to custom build with RGB etc. I have a Crystal 570X, Vengeance RGB and LL120 RGB. MSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic and Core Frozr XL CPU cooler - now running LL120 fans (2). Must I use both iCUE/LINK and MSI Mystic Lighting software to control the RGB LED lighting. Would like to run all REG through one lot of software.

This is what a lot of us want too. iCUE is hands down the best RGB software out there. Corsair also sells the best quality RGB fans I have seen. To be honest I was a little let down by Gigabyte's RGB Fusion application, as I was using CUE on my last build. I actually got a Lighting Node Pro as I prefer their software, even though I could control my HD-120 via my motherboard with a little mod.

I love how I can set different profiles in iCUE for different games, I wanted that functionality so bad, I used some SDK built tools and wrote my own script so now my motherboard's RGBs will change based off what game I am playing, so it matches my HD-120, LNP strips, and Keyboard :)

There is a lot of different software out there on github as well as all the major MB manufactures put out SDKs for their tools. There is a lot for Asus, me and one other guy put something together for Gigabyte's, though I think some have done stuff for MSI. This could be a good start, if you want more custom control, until iCue adds the feature. The alternative is just to keep using MSI Mystic.

Right now, yes. In the future? Who knows ... perhaps. Corsair has talked about adding support for things like Asus Aura, MSI Mystic Light, etc. But that's gonna be a ways down the road.

Can I use iCue with a Crosshair 7 Hero if I don't install any of the Asus RGB software?

Can I use iCue with a Crosshair 7 Hero if I don't install any of the Asus RGB software?

No you can't. iCUE currently doesn't support any control of the motherboard's LEDs. Keep in mind iCUE is in early release, and all the major manufactures have SDK available, so this will allow for some type of integration. I think they will have at some point some basic control, as it seems a lot of of us want to iCue to control our motherboards.

Corsair is trying to add functionality for their own devices first as well as fix bugs. Adding control of the motherboard is cool functionally, though it has a lot of vendors, variables, and not much return.

• 10 months later...

Archived