Corsair Community

Issues with new K95 Platinum and Scimitar Pro

asheth

So I preordered both of these nice pieces of equipment to replace my Razer Chroma and Naga. Now fit and finish I love them. CUE is deep and will take some time to learn so I have no problem with that.

My issues are dealing with CUE 2 it's the latest 2.9.53 build. I updated the firmware for both mouse and keyboard. So when I open CUE it always goes to default if I don't have the advanced selected and if I do have advanced then both mouse and keyboard have no lighting or my macros. CUE2 also says initially that no device detected then when it does detect the devices it says there is a profile conflict.

The saving grace here is that before I realized these issues I set up a light profile I like and my macros saved them to the onboard memory so that is definitely great having the onboard memory. Though I would like it to work as it should be working.

I tried searching, but there is so much to go through I can't tell if I'm having the same problems as other people or not. Some issues I read seem to be similar and some do not.

Any help please I'm new to Corsair so this is my first post here.

It may be best to take a look at the unofficial CUE 2 manual.

http://bit.do/CUE2M

With the profile conflict, You will need to make sure any changes made in the hardware profiles is saved to the keyboard/mouse. You'll know as there will be a * at the top of the hardware profile icon.

When advanced mode is enabled, It is normal for the devices to have no lighting effects applied. You need to manually create and assign them keys. I'm not 100% sure on the macros as they should not be affected by the standard/advanced mode switch.

I looked at the unofficial manual and that did help me identify which hardware profiles I needed to save. So I did do that and I deleted profiles that I didn't want. Now it still loads up, but wants to load back in profiles I thought I deleted.

Another question is when saving Scimitar Pro or K95 profiles are the profiles for both suppose to be saved on one or both devices?

Example is that I can save the settings and lighting effects I setup in a profile to the internal memory of either the keyboard or the mouse. Is there any conflict in that or is that how it is suppose to be?

This is what my CUE 2 homescreen looks like, but I want to delete these profiles down to just 1 or 2 hardware profiles and 1 or 2 software profiles. I've figured out the software profiles, but hardware is confusing me. This might be new territory as the K95 and Scimitar Pro I think are one of the first to have this internal memory.

http://i.imgur.com/dogRtdk.jpg

The first thing you're going to want to do is clear the devices' memory. Go to the Settings page (the little gear icon) and under each device, there's the option to clear its memory.

You can then go ahead and delete all those hardware profiles that got imported. Make a new hardware profile, and set it up however you want. Once you're done, head to the page for the mouse or keyboard. There's a new section on the left, under macroes and lighting effects. I can't remember the name off hand, but it's something like 'Save to device'.

Anyway, head to that section, and you will see the profiles that are saved on the device. Select a slot, hit Save, and wait for it to do its thing. Once it's saved to the device, you're done!

Now, there's an important thing to note. When you make a hardware profile, you can see its effects while you're editing it in CUE, and you can see its effects when CUE is closed, however you cannot switch to that profile while CUE is open. While CUE is open, you can only use software profiles.

Now, there's an important thing to note. When you make a hardware profile, you can see its effects while you're editing it in CUE, and you can see its effects when CUE is closed, however you cannot switch to that profile while CUE is open. While CUE is open, you can only use software profiles.

I like this feature and figured this out yesterday. I like the onboard memory addition to these devices. So if I don't need to have CUE or have any issues I still have profiles ready to go. I'll do the clear device memory tip you gave me thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys i bought the CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM and can't "save to device" i tried with the hardware profiles and it's confusing really. I deleted them but nothing. I flashed back the firmware and same.

i can only see this, i also cleaned windows registry and re install CUE latest version. I just want to save my light setup to the device :(

http://i.imgur.com/4hF4Guu.png

Thanks a lot !

Sergio

ok guys i did a lit research and worked

1) Unplug Keyboard from the PC

2) Press ESC while connecting the keyboard to the USB

you will see that it will reset to factory defaults

Any soft/hardware firmware related will be solved

http://i.imgur.com/lOhqo5e.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I have to agree with those who think the CUE 2 user interface is very confusing. It breaks a number of the usual good practices found in most UIs. It takes me a long time to figure out how to do things. I still haven't been able to find the steps necessary to save a profile to my K95 keyboard to have it be the lighting that shows up when the computer goes to sleep (lock screen). I can't find in Cue a way to make a "hardware profile"... Any clues would be appreciated.

The option to create hardware profiles is only available on the K95 Platinum, Scimitar RGB PRO, Glaive RGB, and any other peripheral device which supports on-board profiles.

If you do own a device that supports hardware profiles, you will want to make sure the device is selected first (Yellow highlight) before creating a new profile.

I have the K95 Gaming (not apparently platinum). For about a year I was able to define the lighting that appeared when in lock screen mode. Now I can't. Wish I knew what happened. Did the CUE software change to preclude defining the lock screen lighting on the keyboard? Or is one of the profiles used during lock screen? Very confusing.

to define the lighting that appeared when in lock screen mode. Now I can't. Wish I knew what happened. Did the CUE software change to preclude defining the lock screen lighting on the keyboard? Or is one of the profiles used during lock screen? Very confusing.

If the lighting was not saved to the keyboard (you get three on that model i have the same one), you should not have seen anything but the hardware lighting in the lock screen unless the Cue software was running in the background perhaps as a service when you should see the default profile...

We should look into that because I suspect it could solve the issue people like myself have with the MM800 Polaris doing the factory lighting when the software is not running because it does not have memory...that way as soon as you were in the lock screen, depending on your power settings and group policy and user accounts, it should at least show the default lighting? Hopefully, but maybe that depends on what Cue2 does with the drivers/Hid.

I saw this, but maybe even task scheduler would do the same thing, I am not sure and have not tested yet:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/137890/how-to-create-a-user-defined-service

I am going to see if i can force Cue to run as soon as the computer starts now with task scheduler at least and see what the results are...I'll reply in a moment...yeah so that does not work at all, I suspect Cue has dependencies that would not allow it to start...

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Toasted for your response, but I'm using the latest build of CUE and I sure can't find any hardware profile radio button, or any other radio button, when I add a new profile.

I just purchased a K95 Platinum recently and went through the same issue. It really sucks that there is absolutely no directions or information on this topic. If you still haven't figured it out, here's a how to:

Being on the latest version of CUE with your K95 platinum, there is no option to create a hardware profile. They are already there. Three of them; K95P HW1, K95P HW2, and K95P HW3. These are the hardware profiles. You can rename them if you wish. The option to SAVE PROFILE TO DEVICE only becomes available when you've selected one of these profiles.

Create your lighting schemes while one of these profiles is selected. You cannot import a profile to a hardware profile. Along with that, you are limited to only FIVE EFFECTS for lighting. I'm not sure about macros.

Once you're done creating what you wish, go ahead a click save profile to device.

I'll try to track down one of these cueprofiles. So far can't find one. Maybe I'll end up having to create one with that name, save it in the default cueprofiles folder, then at last be able to define what the keyboard looks like when the computer is asleep. Thanks again. Why they sell a very expensive keyboard and don't bother to document it is a psychological mystery.

They should look like this from andressergio's post. Did you delete them maybe? I don't think you can create them, even if they are deleted. I deleted one, and was unable to create a hardware profile, or get the original back until I reset the keyboard. If you did happen to delete them, you can get them back by following the direction's he's posted here. Make sure to export any profiles you want to keep before doing so.

ok guys i did a lit research and worked

1) Unplug Keyboard from the PC

2) Press ESC while connecting the keyboard to the USB

you will see that it will reset to factory defaults

Any soft/hardware firmware related will be solved

http://i.imgur.com/lOhqo5e.png

Archived