Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR HS70 BLUETOOTH Wired Gaming Headset with Bluetooth

Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

Today we’re adding another headset to our HS line-up – the CORSAIR HS70 BLUETOOTH Wired Gaming Headset with Bluetooth. For those who want to stay in the game while maintaining an audio connection with their phone, this is just what you need! Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Stay connected with your friends while gaming with the HS70 BLUETOOTH's simultaneous game & chat audio. Maintain an audio connection to your Switch, PS4, Xbox, or PC via the wired 3.5 or USB connection while staying connected to your mobile device's voice chat, music, or phone calls.
  • Equipped with wide device compatibility, gamers can connect via high-fidelity 24bit, 96KHz USB wired, 3.5mm, or Bluetooth.
  • The HS70 BLUETOOTH carries itself with a lightweight and durable construction to stand the test of time, while also providing comfort with its adjustable ear cups that are fit with plush memory foam.

Click here for more information. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: Is this headset Discord Certified?

A: You bet! The HS70 BLUETOOTH is Discord Certified for crystal-clear communication and outstanding sound.

Q: What's the battery life?

A: When you're not connected to USB, the HS70 BLUETOOTH's battery lasts up to 30 hours.

Q: What charging port does this headset use?

A: USB-C.

Q: Which Bluetooth standard is this headset equipped with?

A: The HS70 BLUETOOTH is equipped with Bluetooth 5.0.

Feel free to let us know what you guys think or if you have questions!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi tamag901,

Glad we've caught your interest! I've confirmed the HS70 BLUETOOTH has the same drivers and acoustic design as the HS70 WIRELESS. There may be a slight difference in audio quality (both input and output) when using Bluetooth (compared to 2.4 GHz) but the 3.5mm connection will resemble an audio quality similar to a 2.4 GHz connection.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Albert,

Thanks for the reply - that's great. I've preordered a pair via Amazon, any ETA on when Eastern Australia will get some stock in?

I apologize as I am unable to get an ETA - but I do hope they arrive soon!

just to confirm, is the mic usable via bluetooth, on apple mobile devices?

Hi hastegag,

Yes, correct. You can use this headset as normal via Bluetooth with your phone. This headset caters to gamers who use their phone for voice chat (ex. Discord) while playing on their PC/consoles.

Does it support 7.1 virtual like the hs70 wireless?

Hi matanel1995,

7.1 is not supported with this headset. However, Windows Sonic may be enabled wit this headset to attain an audio experience closer to your expectation.

Edited by Corsair Albert

Thanks for your answer Corsair Albert. I do appreciate the quick answers.

Before I pull the trigger on an order, can you confirm /clarify the below:

"Yes, correct. You can use this headset as normal via Bluetooth with your phone. This headset caters to gamers who use their phone for voice chat (ex. Discord) while playing on their PC/consoles."

This means you can make phone calls with an iPhone? I know I must sound like I am a hundred but I just want to be sure.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for your answer Corsair Albert. I do appreciate the quick answers.

Before I pull the trigger on an order, can you confirm /clarify the below:

"Yes, correct. You can use this headset as normal via Bluetooth with your phone. This headset caters to gamers who use their phone for voice chat (ex. Discord) while playing on their PC/consoles."

This means you can make phone calls with an iPhone? I know I must sound like I am a hundred but I just want to be sure.

No worries. Phone calls should work without any issues with iPhones. I'd like to think that iPhones are capable of automatically detecting a Bluetooth headset's input and output without any fault.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Is it possible to use this headset and mic on a PC via Bluetooth? Currently, I can only receive audio, and the mic does not transmit (but shows up as a device in Windows.)

Thank you.

Hi gowif,

We do not recommend using the HS70 BLUETOOTH as a Bluetooth headset with PC - only with your mobile device. It's suggested to use with PC via USB connection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi gowif,

We do not recommend using the HS70 BLUETOOTH as a Bluetooth headset with PC - only with your mobile device. It's suggested to use with PC via USB connection.

By not recommended do you mean not possible?

Because if so this was not clear in the way the device was marketed :evil:

• Corsair Employee
So...can this be used via either bluetooth or the dongle to connect to a smart TV? I BELIEVE I can do that with the HS70 bluetooth version.

A wireless dongle is not included with this headset. If your smart TV supports Bluetooth headsets, it should work.

By not recommended do you mean not possible?

Because if so this was not clear in the way the device was marketed :evil:

It is possible - but the way Bluetooth is designed for use on Windows may not be what you're looking for. The headset may be used with stereo audio for output, but will have a noticeable difference when being used as both an output and input device.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I want to know if the headset when plugging it into the tv does not show lag or isn't recomended to see the tv with bluetooth.

Thaks

Apologies for the late response. It would depend on your TV's Bluetooth version.

Hello! if I buy the wireless dongle for the HS70 wireless version I can use it with the HS70 Bluetooth version? I mean are they compatibles?

You cannot use a wireless dongle with the HS70 BLUETOOTH, as it does not support 2.4 GHz.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just bought the Corsair HS70 Bluetooth but have some troubles with the microphone. It works perfectly with the bluetooth mode when i am making phone calls, works perfectly on the pc when connected with USB, but doesn't work when using bluetooth, the microphone oh the headset doesn't appear at all on my input devices. Any help, please?

Does it mean that it is not possible to use the microphone on the pc via bluetooth?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hi, just bought the Corsair HS70 Bluetooth but have some troubles with the microphone. It works perfectly with the bluetooth mode when i am making phone calls, works perfectly on the pc when connected with USB, but doesn't work when using bluetooth, the microphone oh the headset doesn't appear at all on my input devices. Any help, please?

Does it mean that it is not possible to use the microphone on the pc via bluetooth?

It is not recommended to use this headset with your PC via Bluetooth. For high quality audio, it'll only be acceptable as either output or input. If you attempt to use this headset as both output/input via Bluetooth, the quality is highly deteriorated due to Bluetooth protocol w/ PC.

does this headphone work with FB messenger video call from phone (BT) while connected to PC for game (USB)?

Yes, this headset will simultaneously work with your mobile device (via Bluetooth) and PC (via USB/3.5mm).