Corsair Community

ICUE no longer detecting my Mobo. Help!

So about 3 hours ago my motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix B450f Gaming) was working and detected in ICUE, then out of the blue it was no longer there. I have tried the following fixes after researching:

-Restarting the pc

-Restarting ICUE

-Ensuring the "ASUS" plugin was in the correct spot for ICUE

-Uninstalling both AURA and ICUE and reinstalling them

-Attempting to activate Aura without ICUE running (gives me an error saying "Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly" It is installed and I'm not sure where to start it from)

I believe the last part has something to do with my problem, I just can't quite figure it out.

Any help is appreciated!

UPDATE: everything resolved, had to do with Aura not properly installing/launching.

Edited by DoctorDeadboi

Having the same issues with an ASUS Crosshair VII Hero. I think what bricked it for me was update 3.28, but I'm not sure. ASUS Aura is installed, I can open it and control the RGB through there, but the MoBo no longer shows up in ICue.

Also, that last part you mentioned, I used to have that error installing any version of Aura (the Check if Aura Service is running). Then I found a version online (don't remember where but it's by someone called 'Juicy Tech') of Aura that has a working installer and installs everything properly. Admittedly, it's not the latest version (I think it's 1.06.XXX or sth), but it used to work just fine and it used to show up in ICue. Waiting for responses too.

Edited by logue1993

Having the same issues with an ASUS Crosshair VII Hero. I think what bricked it for me was update 3.28, but I'm not sure. ASUS Aura is installed, I can open it and control the RGB through there, but the MoBo no longer shows up in ICue.

Also, that last part you mentioned, I used to have that error installing any version of Aura (the Check if Aura Service is running). Then I found a version online (don't remember where but it's by someone called 'Juicy Tech') of Aura that has a working installer and installs everything properly. Admittedly, it's not the latest version (I think it's 1.06.XXX or sth), but it used to work just fine and it used to show up in ICue. Waiting for responses too.

If you find anything let me know! I’ll have to try that “Juicy Tech” thing.

Found the link for the 'Juicy Tech' version of Asus Aura that actually works. I recommend uninstalling previous versions and any other software Asus installs (Patriot RGB controls, some others like this, etc.), running CCleaner registry scan and a restart before installing this one. It's version 1.06.17. At least, that way you can somehow control the motherboard LEDs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1boOJ4P97ufAVA6Y1oSlIPwfPAO0O5qUs/view

Found the link for the 'Juicy Tech' version of Asus Aura that actually works. I recommend uninstalling previous versions and any other software Asus installs (Patriot RGB controls, some others like this, etc.), running CCleaner registry scan and a restart before installing this one. It's version 1.06.17. At least, that way you can somehow control the motherboard LEDs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1boOJ4P97ufAVA6Y1oSlIPwfPAO0O5qUs/view

I actually just got it working! It boiled down to the final problem I had regarding Asus Aura. I actually did exactly that I cleaner everything removed and uninstalled everything manually from the auraservice folder (aac?) then did a fresh install once I got Aura working I switched to icue and bam everything showed up

• 2 months later...
I actually just got it working! It boiled down to the final problem I had regarding Asus Aura. I actually did exactly that I cleaner everything removed and uninstalled everything manually from the auraservice folder (aac?) then did a fresh install once I got Aura working I switched to icue and bam everything showed up

Can you explain what you did? My Asus z390a prime motherboard has been working fine since day 1 with aura installed and icue. My motherboard showed up fine in icue and could be controlled in icue. Today, after coming back to the pc, I woke it up and no mobo in icue. restarted service, uninstalled icue, reinstalled icue and aura, the usual.

Nothing. Please help. thanks.

The Asus mobo integration is not working. I am surprised that the developers designed it with so much of a dependency on Asus' API. This will not scale for Corsair. They are in over their heads and need to hire a QA department. Edited by swoodle

• 1 month later...
UPDATE: everything resolved, had to do with Aura not properly installing/launching.

@DoctorDeadboi What did you do to fix it? Did it fix itself or did you do anything else because i'm currently having the same problem. Worked fine for months and was just messing with profiles when it suddenly fails and all logical fixes dint seem to help. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Subbed. Asus board with problems too.

Check that UEFI has no CPU fan or water block controls enabled. Q Fan, fan Xprt, even Software like Afterburner can override the profile automatically.

I had it good, mostly anyway, then in my effort of fixing my 4000-10,000 RPM pump speed(misreading, it's obvious not that fast) that identifies as CPU Fan RPM, )).. I tweekd something in Ai Suite that OC'd the system, and now everything is so messed up.

Am going to reset UEFI back to default after I uninstall and software from corsair and reinstall and set profiles to manual control where Corsair needs it

• 1 month later...