Corsair Community

My Corsair H100i exploded!

Tech Tweaker

Yes, you read the title right.

Tonight while installing my new H100i for the first time, after I got it back from an RMA, it exploded. Soaking me, my carpeting, and my motherboard in the liquid contained within.

Now I have a useless pump/rad, and a possibly ruined motherboard.

When installing I heard it making a lot of gurgling noises, so I dismounted it from the CPU to investigate, at which point one of the hoses blew off from the block and squirted liquid all over the place.

It seems as though the hose was only half-way attached onto the plastic fitting at the block, and for some reason there was a buildup of pressure in the hoses while I was manipulating it into place to get it fully mounted, causing it to blow apart.

So, what does Corsair suggest I do about this?

DSCN2748.thumb.JPG.00ae972958ab6e43a50670182134117c.JPG

Tech Tweaker, it would be best to call them on this issue. If you haven't already submit an RMA and explain what happened. If you have damaged parts you can request a damage claim form , but that is a different process than the RMA and you will need to call them for this.

What's your case number? I can't find anything under your forum email account under the new or old RMA system.

I have no idea.

I was waiting for the confirmation email to tell me what my case number was, but since it never came I still don't know.

Looks like I'll have to submit another RMA request.

New case number is 5820494.

The old one was 581 or 582 something er rather, and I forget the rest of the numbers since I never wrote them down because I expected the RMA system to send the confirmation email and then I would have a record of it because of that.

If I ever receive the email I'll upload the old case number too.

The old one was 581 or 582 something er rather, and I forget the rest of the numbers since I never wrote them down because I expected the RMA system to send the confirmation email and then I would have a record of it because of that.

You could always log into your support account and it will show you all active tickets and any responses Corsair would have made to them.

You could always log into your support account and it will show you all active tickets and any responses Corsair would have made to them.

It seems I don't have an account. I guess never created one, because I tried to log in and it said the email address was not in their records.

Well, that was useless.

I registered an account, logged in, changed my password, and it showed I had never submitted an RMA ticket ever.

Archived