Corsair Community

Corsair H100 missing parts

Tech Tweaker

I have a rather annoying problem, I purchased a Corsair H100, but for some reason it came without any mounting hardware.

It has no Intel hardware, no AMD hardware, no fan screws or washers, no thumbnuts, no mounting studs/posts, no backplate for the Intel sockets, nothing.

Either none of the hardware ever made it into the box or someone snatched it out of there before I purchased it.

And since I have no mounting hardware for it, I have not been able to mount or test the pump/radiator in a system.

I don't know if I have to submit an RMA for the missing parts (or if I can submit an RMA for just the missing parts without having to send in the full unit), or if I should submit some kind of a parts request.

I'd really rather not have to spend more money buying these missing parts, since I've already paid the price for the full H100 package.

Really I'd like to know where to go from here, so I'd appreciate it if someone from Corsair could get back to me.

Was the box sealed in plastic shrink wrap? If not it was more than likely it was a product that was returned to where ever you bought it from.

At the very least i would start with your retailer and return it there first. If they can not or will not help you, then proceed to fill out an RMA and in the comments section let them know your situation and that you need the hardware bag only.

I submitted an RMA request last Thursday (or possibly Friday) and still haven't heard anything back from Corsair. Not even an acknowledgement that they received my RMA request.

Now I have a new problem. So, I borrowed some mounting hardware from someone just so that I could mount the H100 in my case, figure out where to mount it and how, and of course test it.

Problem is that when I have my fans plugged into the H100 they spin at low speed (probably the lowest speed at around 5V or so) no matter what I select via the fan speed button on the H100 block, and irrespective of what temperature the CPU is at.

When I plug the fans in they spin up to 100%/full speed for maybe 5-10 seconds then go to minimum speed and stay there no matter what. I had one of the cores on my CPU hitting 87°C and the fans still wouldn't increase their speeds.

Just a few degrees more and I would have hit my thermal shutdown temperature, and quite frankly I don't like cutting it that close.

The fans should adjust their speeds when I press the button on the waterblock, yes? And presumably should speed up when the heat load increases, yes?

I fear now that I may have to send the entire unit in for an RMA because of these problems. I probably will have to RMA it, since one of the features I wanted to use was the one where I would be able to plug the fans into the block and adjust their speeds as needed.

Post your rma # here.

Yes the fan speeds should change after a few seconds and yes, the fans should increase based on the H100 coolant temp.

Have you tried resetting the firmware?

Is the H100 block mounted properly?

What's the pump RPM? (Check the BIOS)

Post your rma # here.

Yes the fan speeds should change after a few seconds and yes, the fans should increase based on the H100 coolant temp.

Have you tried resetting the firmware?

Is the H100 block mounted properly?

What's the pump RPM? (Check the BIOS)

Unfortunately I have no way of modifying the firmware as I don't have the Corsair Link hardware or cabling. Yes, block is mounted properly. I had messed up the first mount (copper plate was resting on nearby capacitors), but I've rectified it now.

Pump is varying between 2089-2170 RPM. I use CPUID Hardware Monitor, BIOS shows the same though, in case that's a point of contention.

TechTweaker, i know you said that was a new unit, but was it shrink wrapped when you got it?

No hardware, and not functioning right makes me think you got someones returned unit.

Yes, it was shrink wrapped.

So, unless it was re-wrapped by the retailer/reseller it was a new unit when I received it.

I have a rather annoying problem, I purchased a Corsair H100, but for some reason it came without any mounting hardware.

It has no Intel hardware, no AMD hardware, no fan screws or washers, no thumbnuts, no mounting studs/posts, no backplate for the Intel sockets, nothing.

Either none of the hardware ever made it into the box or someone snatched it out of there before I purchased it.

And since I have no mounting hardware for it, I have not been able to mount or test the pump/radiator in a system.

I don't know if I have to submit an RMA for the missing parts (or if I can submit an RMA for just the missing parts without having to send in the full unit), or if I should submit some kind of a parts request.

I'd really rather not have to spend more money buying these missing parts, since I've already paid the price for the full H100 package.

Really I'd like to know where to go from here, so I'd appreciate it if someone from Corsair could get back to me.

where did you buy it from?

You don't need the LINK Kit to reset the firmware.

1. While the computer is running, hold down the profile button for approximately five seconds

2. Wait one minute, while the unit continues to run

3. Shut down your computer

4. Press and hold the profile button for five seconds while turning on the power to your computer.

So, in regards to my new issues with the fan speed selector not working, should I append that to my current case or submit a new RMA request for that issue?

My current case number is 5526854, for Corsair support staff's reference.

Corsair's only response thus far was somewhat unhelpful, they just suggested I spend more money on a mounting kit. Somehow that was what I was expecting, sadly. :(:

Would appreciate it if a Corsair employee could get back to me.

We sent you instruction on how to order the mount kit on the 24th were you able to resolve this?

I received this message on the 24th, but I have a new problem with my unit now.

The fan ports on the unit do not work properly and spin at the lowest speed at all times, they do not change when I press the button on the unit.

Also, I have tried resetting the firmware as recommended here and it did not help.

So no, I have been unable to resolve my issues as of yet.

• Corsair Employee
The fan's speed does not happen instantaneously, it will take some time for the profile to kick in because it will depend on the coolant's temp. Best way to test it is run the system under stress test like Prime95, wait for about a min then start changing profiles and see the fan's rpm will change accordingly. Again, it may take a couple of seconds before it goes to it's appropriate fan speed. See link for reference, http://www.corsair.com/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles/

The fan's speed does not happen instantaneously, it will take some time for the profile to kick in because it will depend on the coolant's temp. Best way to test it is run the system under stress test like Prime95, wait for about a min then start changing profiles and see the fan's rpm will change accordingly. Again, it may take a couple of seconds before it goes to it's appropriate fan speed. See link for reference, http://www.corsair.com/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles/

I had already tried this prior to your suggestion as part of my initial testing.

I had run Prime95 for over an hour, fan speeds never changed, profile button had no effect even when the CPU surpassed 45°C.

Since I have no way to hook the H100 unit into my computer to monitor the temperatures of the coolant though I have no way of knowing if it is hitting the threshold at which the fan speeds should increase.

What exactly is the temperature at which the fan speeds should ramp up?

The blog post in RAM GUY's post should answer your question.

The fan speeds change based on coolant temperature.

Nope, wasn't helpful.

Even if it is based on coolant temperature that doesn't explain the fact that my fan speeds don't increase at all, ever, at any temperature.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I requested the RMA, was approved, and sent in the unit.

I would like a little clarification now.

I sent the unit in February 14th, 2013. It was received at the Corsair facility on Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 (I have tracking to confirm this).

Yet the Corsair Support website shows something very odd. When I go there I see "Part Number Received: CWCH100

Quantity Received: 1." But it still shows "Defective Parts Received on: Defective Parts Not Yet Received".

Can anyone from Corsair confirm whether my unit was received or what the status is? Has it been tested, has the box even been opened, etc?

Archived