Corsair Community

Is it safe to use a standard US to UK "travel" adapter with HX1200 PSU?

ktattan

I recently bought a HX1200 PSU, and the main power cable (that plugs into a wall socket) comes with a US 3 pin plug. On the plug it says "15A 125V 1875W". I have a separate "travel" adaptor where it says "13A 250V CHECK YOUR APPLIANCE IS COMPATIBLE WITH 250V~ SUPPLY".

I'm not entirely sure if the specs above make the adapter and power cable compatible or not. Would it be recommended to get a power transformer of some sort (if so, what brand / model)? Or is it ok to use my standard adaptor?

(Apologies I couldn't upload any photos despite trying jpeg, jpg and png; the uploader always threw an error saying these weren't valid files).

Edited by ktattan

• 7 months later...
I recently bought a HX1200 PSU, and the main power cable (that plugs into a wall socket) comes with a US 3 pin plug. On the plug it says "15A 125V 1875W". I have a separate "travel" adaptor where it says "13A 250V CHECK YOUR APPLIANCE IS COMPATIBLE WITH 250V~ SUPPLY".

I'm not entirely sure if the specs above make the adapter and power cable compatible or not. Would it be recommended to get a power transformer of some sort (if so, what brand / model)? Or is it ok to use my standard adaptor?

(Apologies I couldn't upload any photos despite trying jpeg, jpg and png; the uploader always threw an error saying these weren't valid files).

Good morning! I have a similar question - I bought a US HX1200-NA that is intended for the US 110V market (3pin US mains adapter) and intend to use it in the UAE (which is exactly the same as the UK 240V 3pin)

How did this go for you? Did the adapter transform the voltage or was it a straight adapter?

I have the 3 pin plug already so won't use the US supplied one aside from power-on and bang, there is no other way of testing whether this will work or not? Does the PSU transform voltage internally dependant on the input voltage?