Corsair Community

Mixing Noctua and Corsair Fans on Commander Pro

will_s

Can you mix Noctua and HD120 fans on the Commander pro...have 3 Noctua on 30mm rad and 3x HD120s on the 55mm rad

I would assume I would need a splitter cable as the HydroX D5 pump requires Number 6 Connection of the Commander Pro

Or just better have the 3 Noctua fans connected to my motherboard

You can mix any fan type or brand on the Commander Pro. Each port operates independently. However, there are some incompatible PWM configurations that have surfaced. The Noctua Industrial 3000 PWM fans in A14 and NF-12 size both have difficulty on Corsair controllers. There is no good reason to be using these anyway if you are not actually going to run 2500+ rpm -- something few people need or want to do. Others to be aware of are BeQuiet PWM models and EK Vardar PWM models.

One other thing to keep in mind, if you use splitters, do not mix and match fans with different specs. So do not mix the Noctua and Corsair fans on the same channel with a splitter unless they have the same spec.

Only one fan with a splitter gets all four pins, the rest get three. So as a rule of thumb, it is best to split same type fans.

• 4 months later...