Corsair Community

K95 Platinum Inverted Keys

Pek75

So I'm a recent convert to a Corsair with a K95 platinum. And I've just realised all the keys with 'shift" access symbols have been inverted vertically.

eg the $ is under the 4 , where on a typical Ansi keyboard the $ would be above the 4.

Sadly and surprisingly this is really affecting the way I type for productivity reasons. I'm hoping to get used to it over time, but I'm 42 and used to a certain standard on my keyboards :/

Any chance one could buy replacement keys? Unfortunate considering how expensive this keyboard is already, but at this point I'm considering all options to fix this.

The keyboard works the same as what you expect, so touch-typing for productivity should not have any negative effect. The vertical switch of the key labels is to help with the lighting up of the keys, as the upper part is more strongly lit, so that people who do not touch-type can see the emphasized symbol is what will be entered when unshifted.

The K95 platinum keyboard has the ANSI layout.616px-ANSI_layout_basic.svg.png

Now the ANSI standard labels the bottom row of keys as follows:

[Control][super][Alt][space][Alt][super][Meta][Control]

Corsair chose not to follow the example of ANSI in labelling the keys, so the bottom row is more friendly to Windows users:

[Ctrl][windows logo][Alt][space][Alt][windows logo][menu icon][Ctrl]

I understand that you may find the inverted labelling of the numeric keycaps confusing.

There are third-parties selling replacement keycaps, but forum rules are that these forums are for discussing Corsair hardware/software and prohibit discussion of competitor's products.

You re going to find the reversed symbol keys on most any keyboard with illuminated lighting for the reasons stated above. You will get used to it and I have had 6 different keyboards in a row with it. I remember struggling initially, but would also struggle to go back now. The easiest thing would be to adapt and the most common symbols become instinctive almost immediately. There likely are other key caps out there, but there will be some drawbacks to using them.

Thanks to you both. While trying to adjust to this change I've noticed that through habit, as I attempt to type a symbol I visually glance to 'double check' I'm not making an error with a symbol input. I don't do this with the regular alphabet.

Well the keyboard is still new, so hopefully it improves pver time, but it's definitely causing some mild hiccups atm.

It seems others have struggled with this issue in the past as well , so if Corsair actually considering making replacement keycaps , I'd be a buyer.

Edited by Pek75

• 3 years later...

I have a Corsair K60 keyboard and will NOT buy another Corsair keyboard until this is fixed. These keyboards are NOT ANSI layout. Sure the key positions are the same but the labels are inverted and that messes the entire keyboard up.

Find a way to light entire keys and put them back.

I want to purchase a Corsair keyboard that has ALL key etched and lit without the symbols being lit. I am a software engineer and frequently work until I am too tired and sometimes look at the key and these inverted key caps drive me crazy.