Corsair Community

M65 Pro Mouse - Left Click Issue

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I first noticed it in Battlefield 1 and thought it might be a glitch with the game but I have started to play Rainbow Six Siege and I'm having the same issue. Basically sometimes when I click the left mouse button to fire, it keeps firing until I click the left button again. There is an obvious and definite click when I release so it doesn't seem like the button is getting physically stuck.

Another thing I have noticed is that sometime when I plug a powered USB device into my computer, I get the disconnected device sound from windows and my mouse kind of resets itself. This happens even when I use the front USB ports and don't go near the mouses USB port at the back.

Is this related, is there something wrong with the mouse or is there something I can do to solve this?@

Cheers in advance

• Confused 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am having same issue, in Worlf of Warcraft sometimes it automatically double left clicks so it makes my WoW rotating camera, I then have to left click once again to fix it, so since there are two of us having same issues, Corsair could you please look into it ?

same thing for me also when I'm playing BF1 and I fire with the left mouse button in my tank. It continues to fire until I click the left mouse button again and then it stops. I wonder what the problem is. My other mouse does not do this.

• 3 months later...
Try soft resetting the mouse by unplugging it, holding left and right buttons, then plugging it back in and releasing the buttons after 5 secs. If this keeps occurring, try exiting the CUE software and test again. Let us know the results.

I tried the soft reset, didn't seem to work.

Then I tried to exit CUE, and that seems to have fixed the issue.

But, what's the point if we can't use the software made for the peripherals?

Can you confirm what version of CUE you have installed? Also try creating a new profile with no macro or lighting elements to see if this resolves the issue.

I used the newest version of CUE. (had the same issue on the previous version of CUE)

I tried creating a new profile, and that didn't work entirely. Still had the issue, but rarely.

I'm also using a Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard.

Edited by Dracarys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
M65 Pro RGB here and I tried soft-reset doesn't work, unplug the mouse from computer > hold down left and right buttons, plug into the computer, release the left and right buttons after 5 seconds, or even longer as I tried multiple attempts, lights never flash ???

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely have the same issue.

Soft reset didn't fix it. Happens with 2 different M65's on 2 different computers, running on the most updated corsair utility engine for the past year (no update resolved the issue). Only happens when corsair utility engine software is open.

Version 1.16.42 currently.

I wouldn't care if I could just rebind the damn sniper button without having the software open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A soft reset of the mouse hasn't fixed the issue, it still persists. From what others are saying, it seems to be an issue with CUE being open; I haven't been able to test this yet. Are all the mouse binds and configs done through the CUE software? Other mice I've used in the past have all saved their customizations to the peripheral itself. Could we get this, please?

Edit: I've been keeping my CUE up to date as the updates roll out and this happens with each version of CUE so far.

• 4 weeks later...
Having the same issue with Destiny 2. Occasionally the left click will just keep firing until I press it again to stop it. Have the newest version of CUE using an M65. Any fix for this or any info? I have rebound several buttons to letters if that has anything to do with it. Also am using a K70 Lux together with the M65.

I found that if I turn off lighting effects, this issue goes away. Macros and Keybinds continue to work without the endless phantom clicking. Also, go to "Keyboard Properties" and change your repeat delay to as long as possible and your repeat rate to as slow as possible. Edited by MossPiglet
wanted to add further to solution

Yesterday I posted a possible solution to the "continuous firing" issue with the M65. For example, I had remapped my sniper key to "P," which I could then key bind in-game as a particular action. I was personally finding, as I played, that when I pressed my sniper button, my pc would believe I was holding down the P button, never letting go. I discovered last night that my solution, changing keyboard settings and turning off M65 lighting effects, did help, but did not fully alleviate the problem. The "continuous firing" still occurred, only less frequently. This morning, I went back into CUE, and I feel that I have a solution.

If you want to remap a particular button, use the "Typing Key" setting in Actions>Remap Key. Attached are my settings.

Key Function:Typing Key

Key Section: A-Z keys

(Tick box for Imitate holding key)

Action Trigger: On Press

Terminate in 0.1 sec

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QzU21inECGoHf6w4Mj2mx7zWg0OdBAMI

Edited by MossPiglet
atttached link wont work

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I fixed my left clicking problem by changing the polling rate from 1k hz to /1msec to 500hz /2msec

I will be testing this tonight, I did a button press test online, and found that when I lightly press the LMB of my scimitar it will register 1 click, but if I fully depress LMB then it fires sometimes 2-8 times in quick succession...I'm trying to figure that one out, but it seems hardware related from what I have done so far.