Corsair Community

K70 RGB hating on TESO?

K75

Quite happy having bought my first gaming-/mechanical-keyboard, enthusiastically I'd started attacking the user manual lingo and more specific; decided to start with recording some macros. Device is on firmware 1.20, bootloader 0.11, CUE 1.5.108.

Somehow, the software does not record input from game The Elder Scrolls Online. Maybe you will tell me to take it up with Zenimax (something providing me with little hope, have to say), or maybe someone knows what could be the issue. I tested record using a different game and saw the actions appear, but it's with TESO that after switching back to CUE from recording, not a single action is recorded. And this saddens me, as I would like to sit back and kill dungeon bosses with the touch of one button. Help/input appreciated!

Can you[..]

Yes sir, actually I tried both alt-tab and mouse/taskbar to (de-)activate game window. Switched game settings to windowed- and non-windowed (fullscreen) mode to see if it would make any difference, but it did not.

Some further research has revealed the naivety of my thinking, as in (although I sort of agree) never realized using macros is 'officially' considered unfair gameplay, and that apparently developers disable certain forms of macro functionality. If this is true, I chose the wrong title for this thread and it should've actually been 'TESO hating on CUE', perhaps. Believe it or not, I hardly play(ed) any PvP, so the 'fair play'-discussion really never entered my mind.

And in spite of it all, I now feel challenged to make it work anyway; thinking, would it be possible to record the correct steps elsewhere (random game that does allow CUE recording) and edit the macro to work with TESO, orr, enter desired macro actions manually somehow?

Nah, not saying that (only going on what I read), but it seems they are 'blocking macro functionality', and since oddly CUE's on-the-fly recording seemed to work with my other games and not with TESO, I'm looking for possible reasons why (this to me seemed one of them).

• Corsair Employee
Nah, not saying that (only going on what I read), but it seems they are 'blocking macro functionality', and since oddly CUE's on-the-fly recording seemed to work with my other games and not with TESO, I'm looking for possible reasons why (this to me seemed one of them).

Certain companies don't look too fondly on macro software for fear of botting and take extra steps to block out virtual devices from working (which is how macros work for most gaming keyboard software). This was why we switched to a virtual USB instead of using hardware playback as a workaround.

This was why we switched to a virtual USB instead of using hardware playback as a workaround.

Can't quite fathom the term 'virtual USB' yet myself, but if my translator works correctly, what you're saying is: It should work?! :biggrin:

Archived