Corsair Community

Specs on Fan controller?

andyvee

• Corsair Employee
I moved your post to your own question, and I am sorry but at this time I do not have that information. However, I have requested the information for you and as soon as I have it I will post it.

• Corsair Employee
The Complete specs will be published when its launched but the controller will support: Maximum total current draw of all 5 fan headers must not exceed 4 amps. Each fan header is capable of driving a maximum 2 amp fan.

Thanks for that , from what i've seen you can have more than 1 of these fan controllers connected to the master unit so should'nt be a problem , i'll wait for some reviews to hit the streets as this will get bought by me and kept to one side until my lga 2011 upgrade when they arrive .

• 7 months later...
The Complete specs will be published when its launched but the controller will support: Maximum total current draw of...

That's a reasonable capacity for fans currently available, if not as generous as some people might prefer. 0.80A max on each channel with all channels running fans. Most fans seem to test with lower power draw than their spec, and most PC fans are rated at less than ~0.50A.

Enough channels and power for a full set of push-pull fans on a H100, plus a case fan. Or four channels at 1.0A each.

I wonder how this compares to a H80/H100 fan controller?

• 3 weeks later...
The Complete specs will be published when its launched but the controller will support: Maximum total current draw of all 5 fan headers must not exceed 4 amps. Each fan header is capable of driving a maximum 2 amp fan.

Bummer :(:

I was really hoping to use the Corsair Link on my system rebuild, but my maximum amp output is around 4.80A with all fans and pumps maxed out. I would probably end of frying the controller.

Too bad... I was really looking forward to the Link as it seemed to have lots of potential, but unfortunately is a bit too weak for the demands of higher end liquid cooled systems. Back to the tried and true Scythe Kaze Master Fan Controller I guess.

*Edit* I just read elsewhere that Corsair is planning to sell extra Fan Nodes to be used with the Link Controller, allowing users to add more fans. It was supposed to be available the end of January. Buying an extra Fan Node (with its additional amperage allowance) would be the only way I would be able to utilize Corsair Link in my system. Any word on when I can get my hands on one?

Archived