Corsair Community

4770K temp can not be read

Quindor

I recently purchased an Asus Maximus VI Gene with a Core i7-4770K to go with it.

I just installed Link (v2.4.4948) and noticed that the CPU temperature is not showing up.

It seems that RealTemp 3.70 is able to read my cores just fine, but maybe the Corsair Link program needs an update? Is anyone else experiencing the same? No Asus tools or anything else is installed, clean Windows 8 Pro x64.

Hopefully we can fix this asap so that my fans can be regulated by CPU temperature again. :)

as with most new hardware,theres always a transition period to getting software to cooperate.

your just being one of the first guinea pigs...;):

how much better is it than the 920?

Still playing with it. And it depends how you look at it if it's better or not.

I had a i7-920@4.0Ghz for a little over 3 years and now have a Haswell i7-4770k@4.7Ghz (settling there for now). Computational wise the 920 was 55Gflops in linx and the 4770k gets 70Glops using the same instructions. But there is the caveat, if you use the newer AVX/AVX2 instructions it easily gets double that, which the 920 can never do.

So new instructions can make this processor a lot faster then the previous one. Just think about using truecrypt with the AES-NI instructions. The 920 can do that at about 400MB/sec (If I remember correctly) the 4770K can do it at about 6GB/sec. If those new instructions aren't used, I believe it still has a 25% or so clock-for-clock advantage in IPC, depending on the application and instructions used.

But, for me, combined with the power saving, it was worth it. The 920 would run about 155Watt idle from the wall, the 4770k does about 60Watt idle. For a system that's on at least 10 hours per day that comes with great savings and less heat which means less noise. All that combined with more speed, newer instructions, more USB3, more SATA6 (All native Intel), a much better onboard soundcard, a new Intel NIC and some other improvements.

If you have the money to spend, it's good. If your on a tight budget I probably wouldn't recommend it.

But it's the same with Corsair Link in my opinion, if you have the money and like to tinker and stuff, it's definitely worth the money, but if you don't care about that, just have 3 or 4 fans, etc. Just install Speedfan or use what comes with your motherboard and be happy with it. :)

i heard that its about 10% faster than the i7 3770k for the same clock speed (more transistors) but it gets even hotter than the i7 3770k therefore doesnt overclock as well (just like the i5 grr why are they making it even hotter) so really...not much of a boost for me since i have an i7 3770k but if you have sandy bridge or lower its worth it if you have the money...intel rules! now im just going by reviews off newegg for the i7 4770k i dont actually have it..also heard it has an extremely low clock (like .8ghz i think) and .6 volts for extra power saving

• Corsair Employee

The two threads have been combined.

And I have seen random CPU detection issues and it is not clear if its a MB BIOS issue or an update issue with the health monitoring software but we will report it to our Engineering.

any update on when software will support. Need my fans to base there RPM off cpu temp, and it doesnt know what it is :(

:D: dude give em a chance,first complaint was like yesterday.

using the hydro temp to control temp is the preferred choice by most

you cant accurately set a rpm curve using the cpu

what if you do a 40 % load and the cpu temp goes to say 40c,ok then you do a 60% load and the cpu temp jumps to say 50c ,how can you set a curve for both?,,you cant

and then you do a full load and cpu temp instantly jumps to 65c,,the other lower curves are virtually useless.

it just cant be properly done to handle all temps.,thats why water temp is the way to go

i think the reason some like using cpu temp is its easier to get a jump in fan speed,,but thats

just glitter as management is only needed when water temp rises.

Didnt know i could do that temp... its heaps better. Have done that now, cheers!

It doesn't heaps matter either way for me.. my cpu is normally going 100% for rendering, or idling on web browsing. So only need the 2 modes really..

• Corsair Employee

There are two issues then,

1. CPU Temp not detecting! ( It is known issue and should be resolved in a future release of either our software or the MB BIOS)

2. PSU reporting as another model PSU; 860i reporting as an 760i.

(This is a known issue and is nothing to worry about the PSU and PSU status reporting will not be affected, However the only way to solve it at this time is to RMA the PSU)

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry amtbr503 but I have already addressed this!

1. (Specifically Haswel and some AMD CPU's)CPU Temp not detecting! ( It is known issue and should be resolved in a future release of either our software or the MB BIOS)

I am sorry amtbr503 but I have already addressed this!

I know, I read your post. I am just adding my name to the list of customers who can't use your product correctly in the hopes of a fix. I can't really OC my system right now because of this issue. I tried tying my fan profiles to the pump temps, but things don't seem to be working right. My CPU temps are getting into the 80s, as reported by real temp, by the time Corsair Link 2 ramps up the fan speeds based on the custom profiles I created. So it seems to me tying my fan speeds to the pump temps isn't really creating the results I want.

Archived