Corsair Community

Cooling Node Temperature Sensors

ionstorm66

• 2 months later...
i've been trying to find out the same information, been emailing back and forth with tech support but it's like some sort of big secret or something, i have still to receive a clear response. I am also hoping to be either 10k or 50k so i can get the thread-in Koolance probes. I also hope that they come around and publish a proper User's Manual for Link products, that installation guide is a poor attempt to provide any type of documentation.

I received an answer from Corsair tech support so i thought i'd share the info.

they said the temp sensors are 10 Ohm but i think they meant 10 kOhm, i replied asking for a confirmation. If that's the case there are 3rd party sensors that can be used on the cooling loop directly. I'll update once i hear back with the confirmation.

EDIT: 10kOhm confirmed (thanks RamGuy for chasing this and getting an answer)

@wytnyt

your reply went over my head, what do you mean by you don't see the advantage? of what over what? the question that was asked was what is the temp sensor value to know if thread-in sensors can be used in the cooling loop, basically compatibility wise - i already have 3 sensors in my custom cooling setup and prefer to keep those rather than using the stick on ones which are less accurate when it comes to the coolant temperature. But that's just in my case, you also said you'd like to know but now i'm not sure why :confused:

no,your initial post went over MY head :o:

i havent re read the post since started and thought you were referring using the stick on sensors instead of thread in,sorry bout that

but its all ram-guys fault,he shoulda answered sooner,some of us are old and we forget easy:D:;):

I received an answer from Corsair tech support so i thought i'd share the info.

they said the temp sensors are 10 Ohm but i think they meant 10 kOhm, i replied asking for a confirmation. If that's the case there are 3rd party sensors that can be used on the cooling loop directly. I'll update once i hear back with the confirmation.

EDIT: 10kOhm confirmed (thanks RamGuy for chasing this and getting an answer)

I have made a thread a while back http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105414 showing that I'am actually using 3rd party Phobya Temp Sensor which work well w/ the link since launch.

For clarification it is 10k ohm.

- NTC Thermistor

- R25 = 10kOhm, B25/85 = 3380K

excellent, thanks for that - exactly what i was looking for

I have made a thread a while back http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105414 showing that I'am actually using 3rd party Phobya Temp Sensor which work well w/ the link since launch.

i guess i didn't search hard enough but i did try to find it, probably used the wrong keywords. That's good info, thanks for the link

no,your initial post went over MY head

i havent re read the post since started and thought you were referring using the stick on sensors instead of thread in,sorry bout that

but its all ram-guys fault,he shoulda answered sooner,some of us are old and we forget easy

LOL, i thought i'm having a blonde moment, thanks for clarifying

Archived