Corsair Community

HS60 locking my computer up

jeeengi

Hi

I recently bought a HS60 and they work fine for the most part. Good sound.

However, sometimes there is high pitched static noise in games or just when browsing videos. Now it happened again. No driver crash message or such.

And right after I am unable to play videos on my harddrive, online or anything. Tried multiple USB ports and checked the cable.

What the hell?

Before that I had to restart my computer because sound just stopped working in game. And I could not access Sound and properties, it just locked my system up. So I had to restart computer.

Have the latest driver via iCUE. I had some issues with my computer and I am starting to think it is because of my audio actually. Windows 7 64 bit.

Have 2 HDMI inserted. One to the TV with sound (only activated when I watch through there). Don't think that is the issue however, because when that is activated there is never a problem at all. And when I use Corsair I only have it enabled in Sound and properties. Should I RMA?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this exact same problem. I never had an issue, and I suspect this has to do with fairly recent iCUE updates, ranging over several months.

Over the past two weeks I have used the headphones directly plugged into the audio port and have not had a single issue with audio drivers or crashing browsers, games, and video players. My motherboard does not have a port that allows audio plugs with a fourth band, and I am unable to utilize the microphone in this capacity.

Windows 7 64 bit, as well. The only way to fix the issue when it occurs is to restart the system and not use the USB dongle.